Dean Goods - High Level Chassis

Well done all round - a lovely model and a great post, sharing 'experiences' along the way. Most of all the 'give it a go' philiosophy has paid off and should be an inspiration to those hesitating on the sidelines. It's the time of year to add 'come on in the water's lovely!'

Now, crew...

Currently I have many an empty cab leering at me with a smugness that is driving me nuts. Some Monty's Men are on the way (last seen paddling across from Cuba...) but who are these chaps? I don't recognise them, but they do look as if they 'live' there.

Otherwise, my very best,

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

That looks amazing- somehow you've managed to make this small engine look really substantial with the weathering- the real coal load to a lower profile makes the tender unrecognisable - I am again spurred on to finish mine for Limpley Stoke!

Mike

Mike, that's what I thought when I saw the photos. Compared to the original it does seem to have 'presence'.

Absolutely stunning Nick.........a like button is totally inadequate.

"Go on give it a go".........sadly (or maybe not) one of the side effects of this brilliant thread was to confirm my decision , just after the tender was completed, that this was way beyond my ability...........I guess I have to continue to wait patiently for hattons/DJM to pre empt Hornby and produce an updated RTR Dean goods.

I suspect it still will not look as good as yours

That's a shame John as I'm sure you are doing yourself a diservice. But if I had a layout the size of Granby to develop I probably wouldn't have taken the time out to do this either. Each to their own.

Well done all round - a lovely model and a great post, sharing 'experiences' along the way. Most of all the 'give it a go' philiosophy has paid off and should be an inspiration to those hesitating on the sidelines. It's the time of year to add 'come on in the water's lovely!'

Now, crew...

Currently I have many an empty cab leering at me with a smugness that is driving me nuts. Some Monty's Men are on the way (last seen paddling across from Cuba...) but who are these chaps? I don't recognise them, but they do look as if they 'live' there.

Otherwise, my very best,

Marcus

Thanks Marcus. The crew are figures from a small company called MasterPiece. The packaging says that the figures are cast by Falcon Figures in the UK. I've only ever seem them at exhibitions and they don't seem to have a web presence at all.

The contact details on the packaging are

28 Chiltley Lane

Liphook

Hanys

GU30 7HJ

tel: 01428 727341

They do have quite a range of 4mm and 7mm crew figures many of which seem to have been produced for specific locos. Monty's figures are very good but these are of the same quality but cast in lead free pewter.

Thanks to everyone else for even more likes. I've taken over 150 photos for this thread most of which have been used and the thread has had nearly 6500 views with 24 followers. I'm well pleased that it has been of interest to so many and I've enjoyed having you all come along the journey with me.

I've two exhibitions to get ready for now at Folkestone and Cheltenham and then I can make a start on the winter project which will be the High Level 14xx chassis.

Congratulations on a job well done. My Comet chassis remains much as it was when you started.

I like the weathering, they usually looked that way from the rare photos available. They were, after all, destined to be used on the lightest and wildest of lines and almost certainly received less attention from the shed cleaners.

Winter will be with us soon enough and I plan to work through my backlog of half finished projects. Why so many? Perhaps waiting on parts, etc. is my best excuse though it doesn't really apply a lot of the time.

So, again, congratulations!

Archived