Talyllyn Junction. The Station area has been started!

Jintyman

Hello all,

I've had a couple of pictures off the person who's making my station building for me, he's obviously cracking on with it as it's looking great and awaiting the cladding which I have sent him in the form of Slaters 7mm Stone Courses.

Anyway here is one of the pictures..............

post-14906-0-24789800-1479666176.jpg

It will look great once the cladding and the doors and windows are in it.

Jinty ;)

• Like 14

Hello all,

I've had a couple of pictures off the person who's making my station building for me, he's obviously cracking on with it as it's looking great and awaiting the cladding which I have sent him in the form of Slaters 7mm Stone Courses.

attachicon.gifTally 198.jpg

Jinty ;)

Looks brilliant David, that will look the Dogs dooh dahhs when finished on theLayout mate.

You lucky so and so. Wish someone would plonk a half-relief Oswestry building on my layout!

Or just build me a Layout, ahhah.

• Like 1

Hello all,

attachicon.gifTally 198.jpg

Jinty ;)

post-8721-0-49167700-1479673732.jpg

Hi Paul,

Just check the infrastructure at Dyffryn, as by 1960 Talyllyn had the BR standardised stools, rather than the earlier type marketed by Modelu.

The Modelu stuff is second to none.

Jinty ;)

Thanks for the positive comments Jinty! Just so you know, I do have the BR standardised stools also, they are not on the website yet though!

Thanks for the positive comments Jinty! Just so you know, I do have the BR standardised stools also, they are not on the website yet though!

Thanks Alan, Nice to know, although the S&T Master Mike has shown me the light about the Reading stools, and thus my recent order of which I'm looking forward.

Thanks again, credit where credit is due, your products are superb in quality and value.

Jinty ;)

Here is a couple more recent pictures that I've been sent by the builder, where he's been concentrating on the stonework around the doors and windows.

post-14906-0-51455200-1479766082.jpg

post-14906-0-05624600-1479766089.jpg

I can't wait to see it with the cladding on.

Right, question time. Who is a good supplier of chimney pots?

Jinty ;)

• Like 12

Here is a couple more recent pictures that I've been sent by the builder, where he's been concentrating on the stonework around the doors and windows.

attachicon.gifTally 199.jpg

attachicon.gifTally 200.jpg

I can't wait to see it with the cladding on.

Right, question time. Who is a good supplier of chimney pots?

Jinty ;)

Fred Dibnah?

RTR Large Prairie now showing with wheels on Tower Brass. Could be out by next summer. I will almost certainly find an excuse for one at Oswestry while waiting for someone to produce a Manor.

I hope Jinty doesn't mind me going off topic, 8103 was based at Oswestry until 1952 and I've a photo of 4148 (Oxley) behind the sheds Oswestry for repairs if that helps!

Edited by alanbuttler
  • Like 1

Here are a couple more shots of it a little further along the process, that I've recieved today.

post-14906-0-94401400-1480027067.jpg

post-14906-0-31706400-1480027074.jpg

I'm very happy with the building, he's doing an excellent job of it.

As mentioned I'm having Modelu do the chimney pots, but looking at the building itself I'm wondering how far to go with interior detailing. I'll be having the odd room lit with some soft yellow LED's, which should set it off nicely.

Jinty ;)

• Like 13

I think a bar you can see through windows and front door few tables here and there and stools along bar lol

Brian

Yes Brian, the bar was on the right I think just as you walked in the main door.

I'll have to have a look what local breweries there were of was it a Free House?

Your station is going to look great on the layout Jinty, well done mate

Thanks Simon, I can't take any credit for the building myself, that's down to the builder, but I know his 2mm modelling in the past has been outstanding!

In the words of Craig R H(Strictly) FAB-U- LOUS.

Rod

Thanks Rod, as I've said above, I can't take the credit for the building, or any of them for that matter, as I just don't 'DO' buildings!!!

I have to rely on the talents of others, and I'll stick to what I feel comfy doing.

I think this is a wonderful hobby where we can all glean information/knowledge/practical work off others where we fall slightly short ourselves, and this advice/practical work/etc is freely given both with encouragement and support.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Morning Jinty

That station building looks absolutely cracking. Your mates doing an excellent job on it. With all these lovely buildings this layouts going to be top notch.

I totally agree with you about people's strengths and weaknesses. . For me I don't particularly like, nor particularly good at, things like rolling stock building and weathering but love making the buildings. Using each other's particular talents usually gets the best possible outcome as seen here.

All the best

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Hi Minty Jinty,

That station building's looking well and the signalbox looks awesome! :locomotive:

How are the platforms coming on by the way? Only asking as you now have a couple of signals to plonk on them! :jester:

post-7179-0-97998200-1480439064_thumb.jpg

post-7179-0-54813400-1480439075_thumb.jpg

post-7179-0-21630000-1480439084_thumb.jpg

post-7179-0-95324100-1480439092_thumb.jpg

Think I've captured the look of them.. :paint:

Hope you like them!

JF

• Like 9

Hi Minty Jinty,

That station building's looking well and the signalbox looks awesome! :locomotive:

How are the platforms coming on by the way? Only asking as you now have a couple of signals to plonk on them! :jester:

attachicon.gifIMG_5109 (768x1024).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5111 (768x1024).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5127 (768x1024).jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_5128 (768x1024).jpg

Think I've captured the look of them.. :paint:

Hope you like them!

JF

WOW :O  That's amazing, superb, I'm looking forward to seeing them in place next year, (if I'm invited back) :no:

• Like 1