Talyllyn Junction. The Station area has been started!

Jintyman

Jinty, I will now ask on here, as I posted this on Rich's Marsh Lane thread by mistake earlier.

Will you be having a Station or Halt in the other part of the Garage before it goes down the Garden?

Hi Andy,

No the line will just be straight to the shed at the bottom of the garden. Well when the new shed arrives that is.

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Hey Jinty, just fitted your Speaker to the Blue 08 and WOWSER MAN, that is an awesome sound, it's enhanced Paul's superb Protodrive Chip to a new level, well done and thanks for that, the other one will go into the Green Baby when it arrives.

I hope to do a Video up at Georges on Saturday and will post on Beale St.

Hey Jinty, just fitted your Speaker to the Blue 08 and WOWSER MAN, that is an awesome sound, it's enhanced Paul's superb Protodrive Chip to a new level, well done and thanks for that, the other one will go into the Green Baby when it arrives.

I hope to do a Video up at Georges on Saturday and will post on Beale St.

Wowser Man, where did you get that from Hahahahaha  you have not been the same since your welsh trip man   Hahahahaha

Having seen Jinty's speakers, you need things the size of diesel's to put them in.  I retained four decoders and bass speaker from my 4mm locos and anticipate one set will easily go inside a brass 14XX.  I wonder if Jinty put one of his jumbo size speakers in the JLTRT 57XX? 

Having seen Jinty's speakers, you need things the size of diesel's to put them in.  I retained four decoders and bass speaker from my 4mm locos and anticipate one set will easily go inside a brass 14XX.  I wonder if Jinty put one of his jumbo size speakers in the JLTRT 57XX? 

In 3 words, no he didn't!!!

I'm looking for alternative speakers for my 8750, at the moment it has the normal 26mm round speaker and enclosure sitting between the frames and between the front axle and the middle axle, pointing downwards. There doesn't seem to be much opportunity to increase the size much, but maybe an oblong might fit. The bunker is another alternative, with sound holes drilled for a downward facing oblong speaker, but I'm not sure I'll improve the sound enough to warrant the extra work.

I do have some slightly smaller bass reflex speakers that may do for O gauge tank locos, but I need to have a play around with them more.

Jinty ;)

have you thought about sugar cubes? The speakers that is!

Hi Steve,

The sugar cubes are good for the smaller applications in N and OO but I'm trying to give more bass to the sound, so need a slightly bigger speaker.

I find that the standard 26mm round speaker supplied with the ESU V4 decoder just squeezes between the frames of an O gauge loco.

Maybe I;m expecting too much, I don't know. I might try fitting the 8750 with two 26mm round speakers wired together, that may make a difference.

Experimentation is the answer.

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

The sugar cubes are good for the smaller applications in N and OO but I'm trying to give more bass to the sound, so need a slightly bigger speaker.

I find that the standard 26mm round speaker supplied with the ESU V4 decoder just squeezes between the frames of an O gauge loco.

Maybe I;m expecting too much, I don't know. I might try fitting the 8750 with two 26mm round speakers wired together, that may make a difference.

Experimentation is the answer.

Jinty ;)

Jinty, In my Bachmann Brassworks Pannier I fitted an SWD Chip and oblong Bass Reflex Speaker in the Body. The spare speaker that came with the Chip was then glued back to back with another one and put down the Barrel of the Ivatt 2MT and wired in series, both sounded really good.

• Like 3

Changing tack slightly, I looked at the Hawksworth auto trailer you built earlier in this thread. It looked to have a brass roof. Did you have to roll it from a flat etch?

Hi Coachman,

The roof of the Autotrailer was already rolled to shape. 

I can, and will say, that the Orion kit is superb, and a real pleasure to put together. Everything fitted properly, and the kit was very comprehensive with plenty of lost wax brass castings as can be seen from the pictures earlier in this thread.

The only deviation that I made was to use Wayoh bogies as I got the kit with none, but I believe that the normal kit does come with bogies.

Jinty ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Just about an hour left in 2016. Has been a bit of an up and down year health wise, but a forward thinking year on the modelling front, with bits of jobs along the way to help things along.

Talyllyn should be a completely different prospect by the late spring, with some much needed infrastructure by way of platforms, buildings and some basic scenic undertaking to make it look more like the real thing.

I'm happily looking forward to the Minerva Pannier, and the Dapol one, plus quite a few other things which will cement Talyllyn's roster to the 60's, and something else along the way!!!! ;)

So I'd like to wish everybody a wonderful 2017, and I look forward to seeing more of the fine modelling on here as I have done for the past couple of years, which inspires me to have a go myself.

Happy New Year all

Jinty ;)

• Like 10

Me and the wife have just sat at the top of Gwynasgor hill above Prestatyn to see the new year in, terrific view, and on the stroke of midnight all the fireworks of Prestatyn, Rhyl, Towyn, Abergele and Colwyn Bay in the distance could be seen clearly. It was a quite spectacular sight.

Not the best picture as it was with my phone, and before the fireworks!!!

post-14906-0-01155800-1483231593_thumb.jpg

Jinty ;)

• Like 11