Reply quoting this post - doesnt seem to work.?

When I click the button "reply quoting this post" , the usual box that I am responding to, doesn't appear...??

But it works ok on another forum I regularly use.....not railway related.

Any thoughts please.?

Thanks......Bob

When I click the button "reply quoting this post" , the usual box that I am responding to, doesn't appear...??

Any thoughts please.?

Thanks......Bob

I can't help I'm afraid, because it has just worked for me - as you can see.

• RMweb Gold

Any thoughts please.?

Thanks......Bob

Please read the guide below!

First, Click on "Reply to this post" as usual.

Then click the 'light switch'.

post-12815-0-53155300-1431883501_thumb.png

That will 'grey out' all the other buttons.

post-12815-0-21006700-1431883533.png

Now go back to the post you wish to quote and re-click on "Reply to this post".

post-12815-0-85382000-1431883559_thumb.png

That should paste the quote into the edit area.

BEFORE pressing the light switch again, add a couple of Carriage Returns (ENTER) and type in the first word of your replay.

(Failure to do this results in your reply appearing in the quote part and not in the replay part of your new post.)

post-12815-0-50485700-1431883611_thumb.png

That should result in the following:

post-12815-0-00408200-1431883637_thumb.png

Why it does this is way-beyond me but you will (randomly!!!!) have to press the "light switch" to 'Add to Post' Attached files and get the spell checker to work!

Kev.

Have been having the same problem so lets see

Any thoughts please.?

Thanks......Bob

I think you have soved my problem thanks

sorry solved

• RMweb Premium

I'll try the above though t seems to be a long work around.  It doesn't work for me using Internet Explorer under Windows 8.1 but works in Firefox under 8.1.  I'm having similar problems when uploading photos.  I can only upload them in IE but can't them place them I the correct place in the test unless I save and then reopen in Firefox where I can't upload the photos but can place them in the correct place if I've uploaded them in IE

Jamie.

Head to the bottom of the page and click on Change Theme and select RMweb 2013, if that cures it it will show it's an Internet Explorer compatability issue.

Thanks Andy,

That cured it.

Do I need to worry about having an IE compatibility issue going forward...???

Bob.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Finding the "lightswitch" after coming across this thread has cured a different issue for me ........ at some point I must have switched it off inadvertently with a random click without knowing it was there or what it did.  Now I'm wondering what other useful (?) features I don't know about! 

• 1 month later...

Head to the bottom of the page and click on Change Theme and select RMweb 2013, if that cures it it will show it's an Internet Explorer compatability issue.

I was having the same problem but despite the "2013" theme already being ticked, I re-clicked it and it now works.

Is this a Windows 10 issue?

I've changed the theme, but that didn't work, however using the "light switch" has worked for me.

I'll try the theme later.

By the way I'm on Microsoft windows 7

• 2 weeks later...

Using 'reply quoting this post' has suddenly become problematic, unique to this website. It hangs up after submitting saying 'saving post', but does actually make the post with quote correctly, and then suddenly the site goes unavailable, and remains so for some time.  All other websites I frequent working normally.

I have followed the advice in post #5, having the same problem using Mac OS X with Safari. The slightly amended method that has worked for me is:

ENTER

"Reply quoting this post"

ENTER

ENTER

(My comment)

I've changed the theme, but that didn't work, however using the "light switch" has worked for me.

I'll try the theme later.

By the way I'm on Microsoft windows 7

Well - it has never worked for me - so thanks all for the advice and instructions. Light switch trick apparently works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have been having trouble too and tried both Andy's and SHMD's patches and it is the latter that works for me. Slightly long-winded, but it works. Thanks to both.

Nick

Strangly enuff, I have stoped using 'my methud' and have started using Andy's way of doing things - but I fink the spell cheker has stoped working!

Kev.

Archived