dcc decoder working train not

Hi,

new to this. just started modelling again after kids have left home. Time on my hands. I have a class 31 dcc fitted Hornby train that suddenly stopped working. I tried reprogramming it on a test track and my select doesn't register the decoder. I checked that decoder in another train and it works.

i then inserted the blanking plate and tried running it on analogue-no luck.

i then put the analogue wires on the pick ups-no luck

i then connected the wires diectly to the motor next to the tiny capacitor and the motor runs so I cant work out why the power is not going through. i have the same problem with a class 56! all other trains are fine.

Can anyone explain?

Hoping so

cheers

jon

Could be all sorts of things, dirty track,dirty wheels, dirty pickups, broken wire between wheels and circuit board, poor connections on the circuit board etc. The first thing I would do is reset the Select. The Select can often cause all sorts of strange problems that can be cured by resetting it.

I would lay odds on a broken wire or bad connection. As the 31 has pick ups at both ends, and you have proved the motor is alive, I would check the wires leading to the brushes first at both ends of the wire (i.e where they are soldered to the brushes and where they are connected to the PCB).

Archived