Bachmann web development vacancy

woodenhead

Bachmann are looking for a new web developer to work on a new website with references to e-commerce.

Looks they are grasping the direct sales baton.

Possibly just for the Collectors Club ?

It has been stated that they are not going the direct sales route in competition with retailers however it may be possible that could apply to other brands within the group at a future point (do not take the latter as any official comment; just a personal speculation).

Possibly just for the Collectors Club ?

The Collectors' Club already takes orders electronically through the website so they already do *some* direct selling.

The posting is here.

The role would entail:

- Working with Digital Marketing Assistant to build and launch new company website.

- Developing existing websites, microsites and e-commerce.

- Maximizing SEO for company websites

- Working closely with IT and Marketing

- Identifying areas of improvement across the websites

(My emphasis.) Clearly they want an updated online 'look'.

Their website does not look fresh and I can see why they might want to renovate it, but frankly it works well enough as far as I am concerned - I find it to be more useful than others.

Apparently "SEO" is search engine optimization. (I had to look it up.)  It would make sense for them to want to make sure Google/Bing etc find hits on their website. Frankly the Google bots crawling all over RMweb do a fantastic job of making information here searchable.

It's been confirmed to me that the e-commerce element is for Collectors' Club membership and for the sale of the Club editions and is not any development into general direct selling.

Archived