247 Developments wish list nameplates

Craigw

I am not sure how many people have noticed, but 247 Developments has recently started a "wishlist" for custom nameplates.

I sent him an email about three weeks ago to enquire about some plates I wanted - 4001 "Dogstar", Aberdare 2630, 44XX class 4403, Dean goods 2486 and 1854 class 1738. I received a reply a few hours later saying they were on the list.

A few days back his website was updated that the plates were being back and an email confirmed they were ready. 

Tonight (my time) I called Gary to pay for them and they will be despatched today.

I have always thought that the 247 plates were one of the better ranges but custom plates had been a challenge in the past. Suffice to say that the new service is very impressive indeed. The plates - if they are a standard type - are only normal prices and will be available to others too. A win - win situation.

So, in a time when there is so much complaining about a myriad of subjects I really must give a thumbs up to 247.

If you have a certain loco you want and the plates are not available then give him a call and you may have them sooner than you thought.

Regards,

Craig W

.....I have always thought that the 247 plates were one of the better ranges but custom plates had been a challenge in the past. ....

The previous owner of 247, Errol Surman, was fairly accommodating about custom plates. He produced 31874 for me many years ago.

Archived