OO Gauge Rolling Road

Having no roundy roundy layouts, with everything I have built end to end, my fleet suffers from not being run in properly.

Decided to invest in a rolling road and just wondered if anyone can recommend a make, model etc.......

The longest locos I have are Bachmann 66's and Hornby 60's and the shortest would be the Hornby 08 which desperately needs a good run !

Open to various suggestions re price, size, design etc

Any advice anyone.................

Having no roundy roundy layouts, with everything I have built end to end, my fleet suffers from not being run in properly.

Decided to invest in a rolling road and just wondered if anyone can recommend a make, model etc.......

The longest locos I have are Bachmann 66's and Hornby 60's and the shortest would be the Hornby 08 which desperately needs a good run !

Open to various suggestions re price, size, design etc

Any advice anyone.................

I have a coiuple of sets of the Bachman Easy riders for driven wheels and a set of the stationary ones - picked them up via ebay from Hong Kong

They are non- adjustable width-wise so only good for OO/HO, but work fine

Thanks chaps,

Just looked at the link and looks like ??55 will get me what I want. When compared to the cost of a box full of knackered locos its a small price to pay.

Will place my order come the end of the week I think.

The bachrus ones seem expensive for 4 sets of rollers while the rolling rails set you get 8 sets and they are fixed. I do like the multi gauge one that they do, as I like to run in a loco in 00 before doing wheel changes. Its easier I reckin than swapping to different track. (my opinion though and I do know that the Bachrus ones are very good!)

The Bachrus saddles come in two types, one just rests on the track and you mount the loco on the rollers and others that are more substantial and clamp to the rails. I have the former and, although they solved a problem I had with diesels, I would not rate them highly.

I have a Hornby rolling road for my steam. It is OK but needs work every time you drag it out as the lubricant supplied seems corrosive and a lot of rust seems to accumulate.

Lubricant needs to be electrically conductive which most mineral oil isn't.

Personally for me these are the way to go: http://www.rollingrails.co.uk/

That gets another happy user's vote from me.

Though having said that I would probably buy the Bacharus saddles if I was buying again - a little more flexible and take up less space when not in use. Downside - expense - is it worth the extra cost? But how many rolling roads does one need in a lifetime? :)

I use the Bachrus rollers, well worth the money and easily adjustable in a matter of seconds for gauge. I got a set for HO/OO and have used them without any problems in OO/EM. A big plus point is their flexibility so that you can set them up on your layout on a siding or spare track in the fiddle yard to do testing on the layout at an exhibition without the need for spare controllers or a workbench to hand. Its worth bearing in mind that with Bachrus you are paying for quality too. I know several shops and model builders that use them for their work as well.

I use these to and have had no problems

Here is a link http://www.sprog-dcc.co.uk/shop.html

Craig

I made my own. Two 1 foot lengths of 3/4 inch aluminium angle screwed to a plank of scrap wood and six Hornby rollers.When screwing the angle on the wood I wraped a wire around one screw each side for the power leads. All less than ??30.

I thought the Hornby rollers were about a tenner each?

Archived