Dapol 7mm WC&P Terrier No. 4- Commissioned by Antics

brianthesnail96

Just a note to let interested parties know that Antics have commissioned Dapol to produce an exclusive model of the Western, Cleveland & Portishead railway's A1X Terrier No. 4.

Dapol are of course to make No. 5 in GWR "Shirtbutton" livery as a standard production item in the next run of Terriers, so Antics' commission will represent No. 4 soon after arrival in Weston, in SR lined green but with WC&P lettering. They will be finished with the most suitable tooling available to Dapol currently, for example photos show her to have still had condensing gear. To me she looks fairly "standard" A1X, as much as there is such a thing, so the Dapol model should prove to be a good representation.

They also intend to commission some wagons from Dapol in suitable WC&P liveries, although I'm aware these will probably be of less interest to modellers on here.

See HERE for details.

No financial connection with the shop, well other than they seem to take a fair chunk of my money...

Fortunately I'm modelling the K&ESR in around 1905, so long before the Colonel bought any for the WC&P, and many miles away. My bank account is safe, but I've passed it on to the Colonel Stephens Society for others to endanger theirs!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived