High Wycombe & District MRS Open day 21st May 2016

Andy Y

High Wycombe and District Model Railway Society holds open day at its clubrooms on Saturday 21st May 2016.

The High Wycombe and District Model Railway Society is holding an open day at their town centre located club rooms on Saturday 21st May. The large clubrooms, in excess of 4000 sq ft houses 9 permanently set up Society layouts in a variety of scales and genres including both British and North American outlines and most will be operating on the day. These layouts include Hinton Parva (00), Cane Street (00), Prospect Point (H0), Prospect Valley (H0), Cariboo (H0), Quincey and Cedar Creek (0n30), Itldo (0); and a number under construction such as Oxford (00), and Leigh Quay (0). In addition facilities include a large test track in N, 12mm, 00/H0 and 0 Gauges, an extensive workshop and a kitchen / refreshment area. Also for the open day a number of the Society’s own members layouts will be set up and operating.

The Society’s club rooms will be open between 10am and 4pm, there is small entry donation of £2 per person that includes light refreshments, access to the test track and a chance to see behind the scenes on the Society’s and visiting layouts.

The Society’s Chairman, Mike Carter explains: “We look forward to welcoming fellow railway modellers to our Society’s open day, that with the number of operational layouts present will be like attending a small model railway exhibition, but hands on and in very relaxed surroundings.”

Personally I can attest that it'll be £2 well spent, a great club with great facilities and some darned good layouts. Quite a few members here on RMweb too. I shall let one of them post up directions and/or a map in due course.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just a bit of a bump, its now 4 weeks away from the open day (Saturday 21st May 2016) and arrangements are progressing well.

If you want to know more information, including directions, times and entry, see here: http://www.hwdmrs.org.uk/open-day-saturday-21st-may-2016/

As well as all of the club layouts being represented in some form, several club members will have their own layouts on display, I'll be there with my layout Norwood Road, Graham_Muz will be there with Fishterton Sarum,

The club looks forward to welcoming anyone who wants to come!

Simon

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

St. Simon's Norwood Road and my Fisherton Sarum https://grahammuz.com/2016/05/15/fisherton-sarum-set-up-and-ready-to-appear-at-the-hwdmrs-open-day-next-saturday-21st-may/  are now set up at the HWDMRS clubrooms ready for next Saturdays open day others will be set up during the week in addition to the nine other Society Layouts. 

it should be a good day to have a look at what we do as a Society and see behind the scenes of all the layouts in a relaxed atmosphere.

As Simon said above if you want to know more information, including directions, times and entry, see here http://www.hwdmrs.org.uk/open-day-saturday-21st-may-2016/

Will be good to see you there.

• RMweb Gold

Was good to see Mike and a number of RMWeb members at our open day yesterday. Thanks for coming it certainly appeared that a good day was had by all.

Archived