Pre Coloured Textured Brick sheets

I understand there is a trader out there who has produced finished Pre Coloured brickwork sheets, he was one of the traders at the recent Thirsk model show.

Does anyone know of this person and how to contact him.

Thanks

Ian H

Thanks for the info Allan,

I've had a look at what they do which is similar to Scalescenes which you download and print off. The brickwork I'm talking about isn't downloadable but is available in sheets, the big thing with this range is its like Slater's brick plasticard but is completely finished with no painting required, its fully textured

I haven't seen it but a friend who was at the Thirsk show in early August met the guy who does it and was most impressed with the finished product, unfortunately he forgot to get the guys details. 

Ian

Have now found out the company that does this brickwork is;

Country Scenes Model Railways

who I understand are in Huddersfield, the guy who runs it is called Martin Wood. 

I've emailed him in the hope he will be able to supply me.

Ian

• Like 1

Ditto on redutex, but I get mine direct from the parent company in Spain.  I don't know about Guagemaster but lets just say that the other nominal suppliers did not make life easy because I live in Canada.  One point i will mention is weathering.  The material is very absorbent and I had to develop an entirely new way of weathering.  FYI, mainly airbrushing and then wiping down with a cotton bud smoked in thinner.  Powders were a disaster and dry brushing very difficult.

I have been experimenting with the range of Railwayscenics brick papers and printing on textured paper. The results are different if using a laser printer, but I would imagine that most home printers are of the inkjet variety, which I think gives the better results. I have tried on hammered and linen papers so far and have a felt type paper to try also. The different weights of paper seems to make no real difference to the results.

I will post some photos later if i get time.

• 3 weeks later...

As promised I attach some photos of my scratch built '0' Gauge North Eastern style works building, I have modelled it on one I took a photo of at Malton some years ago which unfortunately is now long gone.

I still have work to do on it, I'm waiting for some chimneys arriving and I need to paint it and weather it all of which is new to me!

I'm most impressed with the textured and coloured brick which cost me £1-50 per A4 sheet, in my opinion great value. 

post-4401-0-54462700-1473428563_thumb.jpg

post-4401-0-08672500-1473428576_thumb.jpg

post-4401-0-98143300-1473428588_thumb.jpg

I will post some more photos once I've got the chimneys fitted and painted.

Thanks

Ian

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

who I understand are in Huddersfield, the guy who runs it is called Martin Wood. 

Ian

Hi - I would be very grateful if you could supply email/contact details please - I don't do Facebook (nor do I want to)!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Attached are a couple of photos of the start of my new '0' gauge layout 'Falcon Road' where, like the earlier North Eastern building I made I have used the excellent Textured Brick from Martin Wood. I expect the project to take around eighteen months to complete. 

post-4401-0-54575200-1477941277_thumb.jpg

post-4401-0-41977600-1477941295_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Ian

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ian

Yes, these are the people.  I met them at Thirsk

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Just to add my findings - there is a great guy in Greece who sells A4 sized sheets of what can only be called embossed wallpaper but very good and very reasonable just started a long retaining wall so will post photos as it progresses in due course - please bear in mind I am a newcomer (see my main post if you are interested) so no confidence destroying comments please!

BFN

Just realised I haven't provided a reference point so here it is ................8 SHEETS EMBOSSED BUMPY BRICK stone paper wall 21x29cm choose scale or design...........if you put this into an ebay search he will come up.

Details of the paper supplier would be useful and are you going to start a thread on this layout? or  if you have could you please post a link.

Thanks

Many thanks for your interest in my layout, I will be starting a thread on it shortly. I just need to get on a bit further on with it so I can get some more photos then I can add them.

Thanks

Ian

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...