Lionheart 0 gauge 45xx prairie

Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium

Some details on Tower now about the proposed prairie "rerun".

Although stated "same spec" as the Lionheart version, this reminds me somewhat of Trigger's broom, given it has a new die cast body and new die cast chassis, compared to brass previously!

I suspect the photo is from the original run.

http://www.tower-models.com/

• RMweb Gold

Some details on Tower now about the proposed prairie "rerun".

Although stated "same spec" as the Lionheart version, this reminds me somewhat of Trigger's broom, given it has a new die cast body and new die cast chassis, compared to brass previously!

I suspect the photo is from the original run.

http://www.tower-models.com/

£423 for the DC version sounds a superb price to me.

When originally announced the economy version of the 45xx was to be a brass body on a die cast chassis and marketed under the Lionheart label.  In the latest G0G Gazette (see post above) it is described as all die cast at a reduced price but still under the Lionheart label. Now Tower (I've not seen it elsewhere) are describing it as being under the Dapol label.  I know that Richard Webster is Dapol's designer but I thought that he was keeping the 45xx and forthcoming 82xxx to himself - has the arrangement changed?

I'm sure that the all die-cast 45xx will sell well now that the price has been further reduced but I'm afraid that I'm a 'brass man' myself and had intended getting an 82xxx but if it follows suit I'll probably not bother.

Ray.

• RMweb Premium

When originally announced the economy version of the 45xx was to be a brass body on a die cast chassis and marketed under the Lionheart label. In the latest G0G Gazette (see post above) it is described as all die cast at a reduced price but still under the Lionheart label. Now Tower (I've not seen it elsewhere) are describing it as being under the Dapol label. I know that Richard Webster is Dapol's designer but I thought that he was keeping the 45xx and forthcoming 82xxx to himself - has the arrangement changed?

I'm sure that the all die-cast 45xx will sell well now that the price has been further reduced but I'm afraid that I'm a 'brass man' myself and had intended getting an 82xxx but if it follows suit I'll probably not bother.

Ray.

Academic which brand really as Lionheart is now part of Dapol? I know Richard felt keeping price low was key. I did read yesterday the tanks of the original were actually cast as well which I didn't realise, so will wait to see how it turns out.

I had this thread moved from Dapol but in the meantime this topic is also being duplicated under the Lion Heart Trains RTR thread including the latest leaflet.

Edited by Hal Nail

Tower have recently updated their Dapol listings to include the 45xx but, strangely say "These models will have an identical specification as the previous Lionheart versions..."  which is clearly not the case.  Hmmm....

Ray.