Sellers of Southern items: beware

ianmianmianm

Hello all,

I am being careful about what I write here in respect of GDPR etc. But if you are selling Southern region or SR items (often EMUS) on Ebay please be aware of a buyer who is doing the following:

- Bidding on multiple items from the same bidder, delaying payment, then paying by Paypal echeque which bounces.

- Often bidding ridiculously high initial amounts early on in the listing, which then deters other buyers. 

- Fails to answer all communications (even my first communication to him which was to ask him to wait for an invoice if he won as I would reduce posting costs for him).

- Bids again on the same items he failed to pay for previously.

- Multiple different ebay accounts all with zero or low feedback apart from his main one which if you check, you will see contains a number of recent items not paid for from mutiple sellers.

- ebay names contain the same two letters which form part of his surname; and address of the buyer appears to be in and around Eastbourne (main addresses but he uses several).

- I have his full address and name from his main account and I am interested in pursuing police action for harrassment as he has target myself and at least one other sellers on multiple occasions.

- I am not a trader but someone selling off part of a collection as I am re-gauging.

If this sounds like something you have experienced please message me on here. Please do not post on here anything which may identify him.

My thanks to the other ebay sellers who were kind enough to message me and save me yet another wasted attempt to sell items (would have been 4th time-wasted attempt).

Andy Y: I hope this post doesn't break any forum rules - but this guy is doing some serious damage. 

Thanks

Ian M

I realise that this isn't much use to you now, but for future reference it may be useful to know that you can tell eBay not to accept bids in certain circumstance, including:

• blocking specific buyers (admittedly not much use if the culprit keeps changing their user ID);
  • blocking buyers with a negative feedback score;
  • blocking buyers with non-payment strikes on their record.

They also have a category for "Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them".  I'm not sure how that works, but it looks like it might be useful to control the misbehaviour you have been experiencing.

You can also tell eBay not to allow blocked buyers to contact you.

More info here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-bidders-buyers?id=4082

Note that eBay does say: "Select buyer requirements carefully as it may reduce your selling success."  I'm not sure how 'successful' your selling is supposed to be if time-wasters keep winning your auctions...

I currently have three blocked bidders.  One was added to the list after e-mailing offensive nonsense when I declined to allow him to BiN on an active auction; lot of good that did him.  I also block bids from anyone with negative feedback, two non-payments within the last month, or located outside the UK (sorry, it's not worth the hassle for me as a private seller).

I realise that this isn't much use to you now, but for future reference it may be useful to know that you can tell eBay not to accept bids in certain circumstance, including:

• blocking specific buyers (admittedly not much use if the culprit keeps changing their user ID);
  • blocking buyers with a negative feedback score;
  • blocking buyers with non-payment strikes on their record.

They also have a category for "Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them".  I'm not sure how that works, but it looks like it might be useful to control the misbehaviour you have been experiencing.

You can also tell eBay not to allow blocked buyers to contact you.

More info here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/resolving-buyer-issues/blocking-bidders-buyers?id=4082

Note that eBay does say: "Select buyer requirements carefully as it may reduce your selling success."  I'm not sure how 'successful' your selling is supposed to be if time-wasters keep winning your auctions...

I currently have three blocked bidders.  One was added to the list after e-mailing offensive nonsense when I declined to allow him to BiN on an active auction; lot of good that did him.  I also block bids from anyone with negative feedback, two non-payments within the last month, or located outside the UK (sorry, it's not worth the hassle for me as a private seller).

Unfortunately not all these things have worked, certainly in respect of another seller, and the buyer gets round some of this by creating new profiles., You may not be aware that subsequent to some Ebay changes, it is no longer possible to award a buyer a negative score on Ebay. Your only option to flag them is to leave a positive and then make a negative comment. I kid you not. 

Sounds like someone targetting individuals rather then anyone with Southern stuff.

Most of the stuff I've sold recently has been Southern Region themed and I've not had an issue so far.

Well I hope you stay lucky, because those he has targeted have no connection with him before or each other. 

• RMweb Premium

Ian M,

That seems similar to a disgraceful character I have unfortunately come across.

I'll send you a PM tomorrow when I am at my other PC.

Dave

Edited by DIW

Ian M,

That seems similar to a disgraceful character I have unfortunately come across.

I'll send you a PM tomorrow when I am at my other PC.

Dave

Thanks for your message.... it seems there are now 4 people affected.