Wandering exSECR railmotor sets

Guest Jack Benson

Guest Jack Benson

A few years ago, I found an online colour image of one of the exSECR railmotor sets whilst it was in Eastleigh station, it was early BR red. My best guess is that was the same set that was used in the Salisbury area used on the Idmiston workmen’s service and had been running on the SDJR. A b&w image of (maybe) the same set appears in the Middleton Press book featuring the SDJR whilst it passed on a down train hauled by a T9 at Fordingbridge.

The image was duly saved but the computer died and it was lost, I would greatly appreciate finding the image as a reference. 

Thank you and Stay Safe

Edited by Jack Benson
insert link

Guest Jack Benson

I finally found the 3D site here for set 514 from Simon Dawson of this parish, a chassis is needed and I am not sure where to source the bits?

The odd reason for this was a fascination with the elusive set 514 when in use on the SDJR, we never managed to see it when we lived locally. However, as Beaminster Road utilises a strange selection of stock based on some SDJR stalwarts, set 514 may run once more.

Cheers and Stay Safe

Guest Jack Benson

Thanks to Simon's timely production of set 514, a plan to build a set using his coaches is underway, an update to Beaminster Road has a few images and some words from Ian Dudley of this parish from 2012, my thanks to Olddudders.

Cheers and Stay Safe

Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

I forgot to add, a drawing and any other advice would be very welcome. I wonder if Adrian Colenutt reads this, his set 514 is an inspiration.

Thanks guys and Stay Safe

5 hours ago, Jack Benson said:

...... a drawing and any other advice would be very welcome. .........

The full history is in Bradley's RCTS volume and Gould's Bogie Carriages book - the latter doesn't have drawings of the artic sets ( maybe because the coaches only had 1.5 bogies each ) but Mike King can supply his drawings.

Guest Jack Benson
1 hour ago, Wickham Green too said:

The full history is in Bradley's RCTS volume and Gould's Bogie Carriages book - the latter doesn't have drawings of the artic sets ( maybe because the coaches only had 1.5 bogies each ) but Mike King can supply his drawings.

Thanks, I did not know that Mike was still in business, an email has been sent.

Stay safe