Wirksworth Quarries 5-plank wagon

Ramrig

• RMweb Premium

Mickleover Model Railway Group and the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway Association (EVRA) to commemorate the formal opening of the line between Duffield and Wirksworth (Today), have commisioned Bachmann to produce a 5-plank Wirksworth Quarries Ltd Wagon. This is a Limited Edition run of 504 wagons split evenly between the two parties. These wagons will be on general sale to the public from today at Wirksworth Station and at the Derby 2011 Model Railway Exhibition at Moorways on the 14th & 15th May. They are priced at £8.95 each. Each wagon has a numbered information Certifcate enclosed marking the event.

All of the artwork for the wagon was kindly produced by David Wright of Dovedale Models www.dovedalemodels.co.uk who will be presented with a wagon and certificate number 1 at the Derby show

post-7289-0-09819100-1302128442_thumb.jpg

For any more information about either the Derby Exhibition www.mmrg.org.uk , Evra www.evra.org.uk or the Wagon either PM me or post on here and I will try to do my best to answer it.

post-7289-0-16403100-1302128881_thumb.jpg

By the sound of it, EVRA's share of the wagons have all gone, so if you want one get to Moorways early on the Saturday (bribary may work but is not guaranteed). If you want to beat the queue, come and join Mickleover MRG where the wagons are now available to paid-up members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

As of today approx 60 of the clubs allocation have been sold. Should be plenty available at the exhibition.... unless we have a mad run of new members all wanting to join and buy a wagon in advance of 14th May :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Only one day left to wait to get your hands on one!!!

Contrary to rumours. There is not a queue forming outside already. :laugh: :laugh:

• 1 month later...

Archived