37 003 Limited Edition in BR Blue

workev2000

It is with some trepidation (seeing some of the critiques on this forum), that I am pleased to announce that the L/E Model of 37 003 (32-775Z) has finally left China, and we should be in a position to start deliveries w/c 9 May. This will be the only split-headcode BR Blue 37/0 with buffer skirts for some time from Bachmann, and to cater for as wide an audience as possible it is being supplied with 3 different sets of headcodes, black dominos, yellow dominos and two headcodes, 1E33 and 2J12 (based on its Tinsley depot). This should allow it to run from its days of TOPS number in Blue (1974), up until the early 1980s when the skirts were removed.

Models are still available for purchase through the Model page on our website (www.c37lg.co.uk), with all profits going towards the continued restoration of the real engine currently operational at the Mid-Norfolk Railway in Dereham.

The loco is based on the very latest 37 chassis, with switches under the loco to turn off cab-lights and rear lights indepentently, a 21-pin DCC connector and finer grills.

As soon as the model arrives with us I will post some photos, but some are available on the website showing what the final liveried prototype looked like, one is below.

Ian Simpson (Trustee, Class 37 Locomotive Group)

post-1339-0-72431400-1302169203_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

....does it really take a month to go by boat from china .....,

Yes and longer sometimes.

Have you seen the size of these ships, there not speedboats lol.;)

Plus I guess they might stop at other places on the way, and then theres the weather.

As long as its not at the bottom of this pile i'll be happy lol

http://xmb.stuffucanuse.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=4175

Yes and longer sometimes.

Have you seen the size of these ships, there not speedboats lol.;)

Plus I guess they might stop at other places on the way, and then theres the weather.

As long as its not at the bottom of this pile i'll be happy lol

http://xmb.stuffucan...ad.php?tid=4175

Yeah I have seen them when I been at Hythe (Southampton) I know there big ships but I thought it was like two or three weeks, Yes I hope that does not happen as well or pirates get to it.

Does anyone know what these headcodes mean , black dominos, yellow dominos and two headcodes, 1E33 and 2J12 ?

Regards

James

James,

1E33 was a service from Birmingham NS- Scarborough, and 2J12 was a Scarborough- Sheffield/Chesterfield service. 37 003 were recorded as working these trains in the late 70s, hence our choice.

when headcodes were no longer used 37003 carried both black backgrounds and yellow backgrounds to the domino lights that replaced the headcode numbers. We have provided all 3 types of headcodes ro cover as wide a time period as possible for the model. Choose whatyou want and push them in. They shouldnt need gluing in, bust something like Tacky Wax from Deluxe Materials should hold them in place.

Ian

Looks a great model but sadly blue doesn't quite fit with my time period, will be having the green version as soon as it appears.

Hope to see the real 37003 sometime this year keep up the work .

James,

1E33 was a service from Birmingham NS- Scarborough, and 2J12 was a Scarborough- Sheffield/Chesterfield service. 37 003 were recorded as working these trains in the late 70s, hence our choice.

when headcodes were no longer used 37003 carried both black backgrounds and yellow backgrounds to the domino lights that replaced the headcode numbers. We have provided all 3 types of headcodes ro cover as wide a time period as possible for the model. Choose whatyou want and push them in. They shouldnt need gluing in, bust something like Tacky Wax from Deluxe Materials should hold them in place.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the information very helpful, Oh right so they dont just hold them selfs in place. I also be adding four snowploughs to the loco.

Regards

James

David,

Some models are left, but selling fast. For full details see the Model page at our website (link in first post).

To clarify, the headcodes can be pushed in and are fairly secure. Tacky Wax will hold them in place if they are being handled, etc. I expect that you could do your own headcodes, I am pretty sure that I have seenarticles in Model Rail about fiutting replacements, you would have to replace the perspex with your own.

We did consider putting 00 00 as a headcode, but wanted it to reflect service days.

I will try and have a look around, but I am sure there are people on RMWeb who can answer your question re replacements.

Ian

Yeah I have seen them when I been at Hythe (Southampton) I know there big ships but I thought it was like two or three weeks

The sailing time might be but don't forget you've also got to have it unloaded, clear customs and then have it road freighted up to Barwell. I'm involved in shipping a lot of stuff to America for work and the rough rule there although there is only 6 days at sea it takes about three weeks from leaving our warehouse to getting to it's destination, of which a week is in US customs.

Pix

The sailing time might be but don't forget you've also got to have it unloaded, clear customs and then have it road freighted up to Barwell. I'm involved in shipping a lot of stuff to America for work and the rough rule there although there is only 6 days at sea it takes about three weeks from leaving our warehouse to getting to it's destination, of which a week is in US customs.

Pix

Dont forget all the paper work for the containers.

James

The ship bringing our model, and I believe some other Bachmann products is currently off the coast of southeren Spain and heading for the Straights of Gibralter (if thats what they are still called today...).

So, hopefully not long to wait now. Hopefully have some other news soon as well. Dont forget, the C37LG allow you to purchase Hornby and Bachmann products at competitive prices, with any profits going to support the loco. See the website for details (www.c37lg.co.uk).

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

What is the latest delivery forecast on these then, Ian?. Or have they fallen into the hands of Somali pirates whilst on their Around the world cruise!!

Email received today ;

"Hi everyone,

there's good news and there's bad new I'm afraid.

The good news is that the models have arrived, the bad news is, they're stuck on the quay side awaiting HMRC to do their bit and allow them to be moved to Bachmann.

Sorry about this, but as you can imagine, it is completely out of our control. I'm not sure how long these things take, but as soon as I get an update, I will let everyone know.

Regards"

Mine arrived this morning, only posted yesterday!

So far looks good small question about the buffers but looks sound.

Talking of sound, must get another bass reflex for the fuel tank area, Howes or Zimo I hear you cry.

(please do not answer that question in this forum use the DCC sound one please)!

Ian

Well, mine arrived today and looks very nice on first inspection :drinks:

I don't know if they are being sent out in any order but mine is cert 62 of 512.

I've just had a count up and this will be my 48th diesel but my first Class 37....Some folk will surely not believe that possible, but being a Southern boy I've naturally ended up with 6 Heljan 33's and was slightly put off buying a 37 until now owing to all the various commotions over tumblehomes and the like.

Basically well pleased though, a classic BR blue workhorse as I remember them, thanks and best of luck to the CL37 Loco Group with their endeavours.

Guest 47107

Could somebody post some pictures if possible please ?

The 1st post on this thread has a photo and a link to the Cl37lg site where there are more photos, all of which are probably as good as or better and clearer than anybody on here could post. The model received is as per the pictures.

Archived