Thames Valley Model Rail Expo 2012 19th May 2012 Knowl Hill near Maidenhead Berkshire

Xerces Fobe2

As some of you may already be aware, I have been working with Andy and my colleagues in Marlow & Maidenhead MRC to organise and stage a regional model railway show in the Thames Valley.

The Show is a joint venture with both organisations and focused on 2 main themes – “Modelling Inspiration” and “Railways in the London area”.

The venue for this event will be Knowl Hill Village Hall, Knowl Hill, Berks which on the A4 Bath Road @4 miles west of Maidenhead. The hall can accommodate

@ 7 layouts and 4/5 demo/traders if carefully planned and has proved a popular venue in the past when I have staged the DEMU TVAG exhibitions there.

I have already had informal discussions with a number of fellow RMweb members about attending the Show and I will send formal invites to you in the new future. I am still however looking for layouts and demonstrations that align with the theme of this Show; so if any of you are interested in attending please contact me. We are on a limited budget so it may not be possible to consider layouts or demonstrations where an overnight stay and or where long distance travel would be required.

I will be at the Wycrail Show on Saturday Stewarding (the noisy one selling Show Guides in the morning)so if any of you are attending this show and are always interested in demoing of exhibiting at our Show please feel free to come talk to me.

Nigel

• 1 month later...

Hi Nigel ,

I dont want to be a detractor of what could be a nice little show , but it is the

same weekend as Expo EM in Bracknell , this could seriously affect your attendence

level .

Thanks Mike

I am aware of this however the Thames Valley Model Rail Expo will be a relatively small show and from my experience may well get additional attendance from modellers visiting Expo EM. I ran 3 DEMU TVAG Shows at this venue a few years back and we had two other exhibitions on one occasion being staged in within 10 miles of the Show and still did well.

I am still looking for exhibitors for this Show if you are interested in attending please can you PM me,

Nigel

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nigel ,

I dont want to be a detractor of what could be a nice little show , but it is the

same weekend as Expo EM in Bracknell , this could seriously affect your attendence

level .

Might have the opposite effect - Knowle Hill to Bracknell by the shortest route is c.13 miles, say 40 minutes at most, so relatively easy to encompass both unless you want to spend all day at either (which some folk probably would of course).

This has been a nice little cozy informal show in the past and I look forward to attending (on a tortuous route back from ExpoEM)

I would suggest getting some flyers made up and put out on the table at ExpoEM - perhaps with an easy to follow route map to Knowle Hill? I reckon I could do the journey in a lot less than 40 minutes.

This has been a nice little cozy informal show in the past and I look forward to attending (on a tortuous route back from ExpoEM)

I would suggest getting some flyers made up and put out on the table at ExpoEM - perhaps with an easy to follow route map to Knowle Hill? I reckon I could do the journey in a lot less than 40 minutes.

Thanks for the feedback I think a going to or from ExpoEM - then Drop in campaign could also work. You can get from ExpoEM to Knowl Hill in 20-25 minutes if you know the back roads however beware of the deer that can suddenly appear in front of you!

I have put together the posters and flyers for the Show today.

MMDistrictMRCRMwebShowFlyerA4Poster.jpg

More details will follow over the coming months.

XF

• 1 month later...

Hi Nigel,

Finally tacked you down. Following our conversation at the MMMRC show & our latter phone conversation, may I suggest "Kidmore End" fom the Kidmore N Gauge series for an example of modelling in the smallest of spaces....everyone has space for a layout ! Either PM me or use the contact page at kidmorengauge.weebly.com. Regards, David M

Hi Nigel,

Finally tacked you down. Following our conversation at the MMMRC show & our latter phone conversation, may I suggest "Kidmore End" fom the Kidmore N Gauge series for an example of modelling in the smallest of spaces....everyone has space for a layout ! Either PM me or use the contact page at kidmorengauge.weebly.com. Regards, David M

PM sent Dave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anybody that I have spoken to about attending this Show has not received an e-mail from me please could you check your e-mail spam filter as the freeserve part of my email address can cause problems sometimes. Please PM me if you cannot find the email and I will resend the invitation from another e-mail account.

Thanks to those of you who have send responses to the invites back already, please could I the others of to please reply as soon as possible in order that I can get the details for the Show confirmed and send them to the railway magazines Exhibition Diaries in the near future.

Thanks to all of you that have agreed to support this Show.

Nigel.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update for the Show so far. as you can see a number of RMweb members will be there

Layouts

Kidmore End (2mm)

Oxford Road (4mm) (first time at a Show)

Polecombe Depot (7mm) (first time at a Show)

Shoreditch (2mm)

St Simon A-C (4mm)

Demonstrations:

Lancaster Green Ayre Project (4mm Finescale) (first time at a Show)

How to Cheat at 4th Rail – Modelling the Underground (first time at a Show)

RMweb Forum (Andy York) – Demonstration of the forums resources and capabilities

Traders

Replica Railways

Modellers Mate

Admission Charges

Adult £4.00, Child £3.00, Family £10.00 (2 adults and up to 3 children)

Disabled Access – Free admission for accompanying carer.

I hope to many of you at the Show!

Nigel

Here is an update for the Show so far. as you can see a number of RMweb members will be there

Layouts

St Simon A-C (4mm)

Hi,

It'll be Roads A-C's first show in it's extended form, looking forward to the show, you'll be able to see a few Chiltern Trains on it, so come along and say hello!

I'd better get on with it!

Simon

Nigel

Thanks for your list of runners and riders, above - is the traders list 'final' (I was wondering about the local tool etc supplier who was at the Maidenhead show - I think they were at the last DEMU show at Knowle Hill)?

Stationmaster - You are referring to Page Components. I am good friends with both Geoff and Anne; they were invited to the Show however on this occasion they have declined the invitation.

We do however have Modellers Mate attending which have a large range of similar products.

Regards,

Nigel.

• 1 month later...

Here is a further update for the Show so far. as you can see a number of RMweb members will be there

Layouts

Kidmore End (2mm)

Polecombe Depot (4mm) (first time at a Show)

St Simon Roads A-C (4mm) (first time at a Show with a new extension)

Loughborough Road 4mm 1900-1930 LNWR/LMS

Plemont (2mm) French Railways

Demonstrations

Lancaster Green Ayre Project (7mm Finescale) (first time at a Show)

How to cheat at 4th Rail – Modelling the Underground (first time at a Show)

RMweb Forum – Demonstration of this forums resources and capabilities

N Gauge Society Stand

Traders

Replica Railways

Modellers Mate

Not long until the Show now.

Nigel

• 1 month later...

6 days and counting until the Show If you are going to EXPo EM why not drop in we are @ 20 -25 mins drive from Bracknell Knowl Hill

Many RMweb members will be exxhibing at this Show some which have travelled a considerable distance to attend

Layouts

Kidmore End (2mm)

Polecombe Depot (4mm) (first time at a Show)

St Simon Roads A-C (4mm) (first time at a Show with a new extension)

Loughborough Road 4mm 1900-1930 LNWR/LMS

Plemont (2mm) French Railways

Demonstrations

Lancaster Green Ayre Project (7mm Finescale) (first time at a Show)

How to cheat at 4th Rail – Modelling the Underground (first time at a Show)

RMweb Forum – Demonstration of this forums resources and capabilities

N Gauge Society Stand

Traders

Replica Railways

Modellers Mate

We looking forward to seeing many of you there.

Nigel

Archived