Gem Vari-Kit "B" Information

mah644

Here in the States, this kind of message is know as "..throwing out a life-line". I've just acquired a Gem Vari-Kit "B", the 0-6-0 variant, in OO9. Can someone assist me in determining which specific chassis will fit this body. I have researched the matter, but keep coming up with conflicting information, some of which is based on the age of the information I'm finding. Thanks, in advance, for any assistance anyone can lend.

post-14761-0-45362200-1331067295_thumb.png

Best Wishes--Carl

I think you will find its a Peco kit not a GEM, according to the old blurb it can be made to one of 6 body variations 3 using the Arnold chassis and 3 using the Minitrix chassis.

http://www.peco-uk.com/prodtype.asp?strParents=3309,3322&CAT_ID=3324&numRecordPosition=1 I spoke with them this morning about theit 0 gauge kits, super company so helpfull. Try emailing their Technical Advice Bureau

I think you will find its a Peco kit not a GEM, according to the old blurb it can be made to one of 6 body variations 3 using the Arnold chassis and 3 using the Minitrix chassis.

http://www.peco-uk.c...ecordPosition=1 I spoke with them this morning about theit 0 gauge kits, super company so helpfull. Try emailing their Technical Advice Bureau

Sorry I stand corrected, I looked at an old GEM catalouge as well as an old W&H book

Ah, Vari-Kits...

post-6749-0-54342800-1331118659_thumb.jpg

Built about 25 years ago on Minitrix chassis;

post-6749-0-10627500-1331118675_thumb.jpg

Note the w/m adaptor plate screwed to the top of the chassis.

Numberplates from Saltford models.

These two have an uncertain future, they may end up on ebay as part of my latest purge.

Great information. Thank you all so much. I'll now know what I'm looking for. I do have a good running older Minitrix 0-6-0 with tender American outline locomotive somewhere in storage which I can examine as a possible candidate (never had the boiler off so I don't know the internal layout). Thanks again.

Best Wishes--Carl

Ah, Vari-Kits..

Built about 25 years ago on Minitrix chassis;

These two have an uncertain future, they may end up on ebay as part of my latest purge.

They are soooo cute!"

If they could speak they'd be saying "please don't sell me".

Anyone fancy forming a preservation society? They MUST be saved :O

Archived