can you tell what it is yet

mozzer models

I've started to build one, but other projects have got in the way.

What option are you choosing for the roof ? I see you've installed the formers, are you using the plastic ?

Regards

Martin

I've started to build one, but other projects have got in the way.

What option are you choosing for the roof ? I see you've installed the formers, are you using the plastic ?

Regards

Martin

the last one i built i think i used the ones in the kit

5552578109_c1b9129f5b_z.jpg

4mm Metropolitan Rly Ashbury Coach set built from the London Road kit by Mozzer models, on Flickr

But i may make new plastic using a beer can to rap the plastcard around then filled with boiling water

• 2 months later...

Just caught up with this one. Very nice Ashbury stock there and an interesting subject.

The Southern converted some steam stock to EMUs and some EMU stock to steam haulage but how many others started as steam-hauled, got converted to EMUs then was re-converted to steam-hauled in push-pull mode as some of the Ashbury stock was?

Usefully, there is at least one preserved Ashbury coach in the LT museum so one can measure up and get some idea of livery.

• 2 weeks later...

I built one of the brass Ashbury stock coaches when Clive Thomas first produced them (before he passed the kits on to London Road).

Because I was modelling the Met pre-grouping, I only built the centre coach, however was able to visit the Bluebell to actually inspect the actual coach.

I did a review for the Scalefour News, and as a result met Joe Brook-Smith who introduced me to the plasticard sides he produced. I was going to purchase some of those from him, but other activities took over, and never got round to it before the great man died.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi there, would you consider doing a set for me? I would attempt it but I have MS and my hands are not up to the task.

bnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Julian Sprott

Archived