STORMex Model Railway Exhibition, Saturday 4th August 2012, Cheltenham

moristoat

• 2 weeks later...

One week to go, looking forward to this one, are we still on for a link up of the 2 x 2mm fs layouts???

Unfortunately I don't think the link up is going to happen now. Speaking to Pixie, I think its because one is DCC and the other isn't?

They are however going to be next to each other in the hall in the '2mm section' so they could always surprise us on the day!

Hope to see some of you on Saturday!

Cheers

Bumpty-bumpty-bump!

Not long to go now guys and girls until the pinnacle event of 2012 - the opening ceremony has been fine tuned, all participants dope-tested and tickets ready to go on sale. See y'all at the weekend!

One week to go, looking forward to this one, are we still on for a link up of the 2 x 2mm fs layouts???

Sadly I've not managed to get Parkend anywhere near where I thought it would be for the show. Something for the future....

Pix

Anyone know the best method of getting from the station to the hall?

Tom

In all honesty, a taxi... but by bus, take the D to the town centre (getting off outside a Wetherspoons pub & Cult Clothing). Turn right onto the high street, then left opposite WH Smiths, which is Pitville Street. From stop 17 on Pitville Street you can take the bus to the venue, the route B to Charlton Kings. The church next to the hall is easily spotted in the fork of London Road and Cirencester Road. The bus drivers round here are reasonably friendly, if you ask for Holy Apostles on the B they'll probably be willing to give you a shout when they get there.

• RMweb Gold

Kim and I along with Highbury are now set up in the caravan just outside Cheltenham. Much to Kim's disgust we are running a mainly diesel service tomorrow. Got a few couplings to fit tonight otherwise we will have a lot of light engine movements! See you all in the morning.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

we are running a mainly diesel service tomorrow.

:O

****...especially so as I am in the UK at present and am driving from Cornwall to Stonehenge tomorrow...a detour of Cheltenham en route to Gatwick is something I can't pull off...one day though.

Hope all goes well Jerry and please take loads pics ;)

• RMweb Gold

Stonehenge will be there next time you come Pete*, Stormex might not be. :)

Am with you on that Andy...but my wife deemed those stones of more 'educational interest' to our two boys than the show...and considering the 'behavioural issues' we've had this week...I know when to hold out the olive branch...:D

and considering the 'behavioural issues' we've had this week

Well you should have been on better behaviour then Pete if you wanted to sneak a detour in. :)

Stonehenge is smaller than expected and not as impressive as the pics; a bit of an opposite from 2FS work then. Plus Pixie will probably have a monumental something or other.

• RMweb Gold

Shame it's this weekend Pete, you could have popped in to see Bath, Ticking Mill and Highbury - we are about half an hour from Stonehenge. As Andy says, for a world heritage sight, Stonehenge is a bit disappointing - mainly down to presentation. Pixie is due to ring me shortly so hoping to find out what cunning plan he has for tommorow!

Jerry

Didn't get much of a chance to take many photos today, too busy nattering to people and playing trains on Pallet Lane (Thanks Rob). But I did manage to get some phots of... wait for it... Diesels on Hihgbury Colliery :O :o I know it's a shock, too which Kim was not happy with :nono: :nono: But anyway, here or my photos.

post-95-0-70605800-1344104094.jpgpost-95-0-67316200-1344104102.jpgpost-95-0-86617800-1344104109.jpgpost-95-0-34388500-1344104120.jpgpost-95-0-74061300-1344104126.jpg

He did have a couple of Steam locos on there, and here's a close up of the one I caught:

post-95-0-39211700-1344104189.jpg

And here's the one I managed to take of Pallet Lane:

post-95-0-73062200-1344104235.jpg

Regards

Neal.

P.S. Forgot to add, what a cracking show this was, it was great to catch up with people I haven't seen for a while, and Jerry has managed to rope me into joining the 2mm Association, finally!!!!

Big thanks to Rich and the crew who organised a cracking event, loved the roast pork rolls and the contents of the ahem "hired glasses" ahem. Good to see many RM webbers including the boss man and the Northamptonshire crew, roll on next year. Also thanks to Neal for helping out and allowing me to get round and look at the fine selection of layouts at the show.

Archived