STORMex Model Railway Exhibition, Saturday 4th August 2012, Cheltenham

moristoat

A big thank you me to Rich and Steve for the invite this year and the team for their hospitality although I didn't get to hire a glass....... A very enjoyable event with excellent quality in the mix.

My purpose for being that was a photography/photoshop demo; not that there was much of it due too much yakking as usual but I did take the opportunity to grab a teaser of just how good Kier's 'Hornsey' is going to be...

Hornsey_small.jpg

For those who've not come across it Hornsey can be found here http://www.rmweb.co....rnsey-broadway/ and here http://www.emgauge70...ut_hornsey.html. Those who like Wibdenshaw will love this. :)

A couple of snaps of Rob's 'Pallet Lane'.

PL1s.jpg

PL2s.jpg

PL3s.jpg

PL4s.jpg

Steve Harrod says he doesn't make diesels this big.

S1.jpg

Deezels

HC1sa.jpg

HC2s.jpg

Bill and Mike look into Villier Street displayed by Ian Manderson.

Vil1.jpg

Rich's 'Bad Horn'

BH1s.jpg

BH2s.jpg

Sometimes running the second hand stall gets a bit much.

S2.jpg

A big thank you me to Rich and Steve for the invite this year

All down to Mr C this year!

Thanks to all the exhibitors, traders and punters - a very enjoyable way to spend a Saturday!

Pix

• RMweb Gold

Great pictures and a great show - thanks all

SWMBO well impressed by Highbury Colliery - wants to see her layout developed along similar lines

Personal favourite Parkend - cant wait to see that again, we were there a month ago on our own charter train. Dapol N gauge 22s will go a treat on there....

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Sat in the caravan having a little whiskey after an excellent Indian which rounds off a cracking day. As others have said a very enjoyable show, many thanks to all involved. I do like these small events, friendly, informal and with some great modelling and company. I didn't take many pics but thanks to those who have posted some of Highbury on its first outing in diesel mode. It won't be the last time although Kim remains to be convinced!!

Jerry

• RMweb Premium

A big thanks to everyone for a great little show. Special thanks to the chap who grabbed a chair so that my son could get high enough to see Pallet Lane properly, and to Jerry for letting both my son and my daughter have a go several goes on Highbury!

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Thanks everyone for a fantastic day in Cheltenham! Will certainly be be visiting again, a really lovely little show!

Just to reassure people, Highbury wasn't all diesels, rumor has it a WD with extra thick wheels made an appearance earlier in the day ;)

Tom.

A huge thanks to all the exhibitors and traders that made Stormex a great day again this year.

We've learnt a few more lessons I think this time round, and numbers were down on the door but I don't think it disappointed and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

My job is done with this one now, and in Olympic style I pass the Stormex flame over to Andrew Vale and Pixie to begin the process all over again for next time.

Roll on Stormex 2013!

Over and out.

Any pics of Parkend?

Just the one from me.

P1s.jpg

Pixie had painted the boards and trackbed to smarten it up with some useful annotations scribbled on the boards with accompanying images. Lovely trackwork and nice presentation of a WIP.

• RMweb Premium

Just the one from me.

post-1-0-80638000-1344158988_thumb.jpg

Pixie had painted the boards and trackbed to smarten it up with some useful annotations scribbled on the boards with accompanying images. Lovely trackwork and nice presentation of a WIP.

Thanks, Andy. Unusual collection of motive power for Parkend. I think the local DCE may have a comment or two about axle loads. :-)

David

Hello

Thanks for a very enjoyable day out, well worth the hazardous trip over the mountains of the Cotswolds. Nice to see so many old friends and indeed some new ones.

Nice to see Pallet Lane in the flesh for the first time and to see Parkend in it's infancy; always interesting to see a layout progressing and how it takes shape. A big thank-you to all the layout owners for their wonderful efforts and to the demoers for showing how it is done; maybe I'll learn a bit someday. As the wrecking crew behaved themselves so well I think I will bring them out again next year as lomg their parole orders are still in order. Well done!

Cheers

George

It was my first time attending this year, and I had a thoroughly enjoyable day. All told, I spent some 5 hours there, mostly talking to people about everything and nothing! I'll make sure that next year's event goes in the diary.

• 11 months later...

Archived