The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Bargain Software ?

DonB

I can't find the existing "Bargain Hunters" Thread (or similar title) so here goes:-

At http://www.ijtdirect.co.uk/AdobeElements10/ there is an offer for the above software at about half of Currys price.

It comprises Photoshop Elements 10 and Premier software.

I thought I would post a link since Photoshop seems to be the software of preference on this forum. At this price it is cheaper than the updating software for Photoshop 7 or 8 or 9 (again at Currys price)

IJTdirect (based in Jersey) are a provider of cheap printer inks, who seem to get shed loads of computer orientated things at low prices, often "remaindered", I think.

I have used them and found their service good with no quibble replacement of faulty items, (just a single event as far as I'm concerned.) DISCLAIMER.....No other connection!!

• RMweb Gold

Based in Somerset not Jersey and VAT is included.

From the bottom of their web page-

This site copyright © Bentham Ltd 2012 | All prices include VAT unless stated otherwise.

All marks, names, and logos are the property of their respective owners.

Bentham Ltd, t/a IJT Direct, Unit 1 Polham Lane Industrial Estate, Somerton, Somerset, TA11 6SP | Company Reg. No. 4026676

• RMweb Gold

I'm using a very old Photoshop 7.0. I believe this to be the full program (at that time); is Elemaents a 'cut-down' version, though obviously newer?

Stewart

I recently went on a photoshop course and the tutor was of the opinion that the difference between "full" photoshop and elements was so slight as to make buying the "full" product unnecessary. I certainly find that elements (we are on v8) more than enough for my needs. They even used to do a more pared down version labelled LE which I got free with a scanner.

• RMweb Premium

Much the same price from Morgan:-

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/product_detail/12715/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-10-Adobe-Premier-Elements-10-Jazz-Junior-Camera/

Personally I'm still using my ancient copy of PS7 as well, on those occasions when my even more ancient copy of PSP7 won't do the job. Trying to get my head round GIMP as well. I just use Windows Movie maker for video stuff normally.

Having looked at the link, the "bargain hunters" is in Modelling, Hints & Tips. not sure this item quite fits there.

The reason for the "?" in the title was really a plea for someone who knows about these things to comment as to whether it represented good.value, and whether it is the full programme or (as asked above), a "Photoshop Lite" The "Premier" software in the bundle appears to be for video???

All the stuff I have purchased from them (inks and a small camera) have been posted from Jersey. The law changed recently about imports from Channel Islands, but I'm not a Lawyer so can't comment.!

• RMweb Premium

Having looked at the link, the "bargain hunters" is in Modelling, Hints & Tips. not sure this item quite fits there.

The reason for the "?" in the title was really a plea for someone who knows about these things to comment as to whether it represented good.value, and whether it is the full programme or (as asked above), a "Photoshop Lite" The "Premier" software in the bundle appears to be for video???

Basically yes it is good value, although it's indeed a 'lite' version of PS it does more than most will need, 'Premier' is the video editing equivalent and also gives plenty of 'bang for the buck' at that price.

• RMweb Gold

Elements 10 has been on sale as low as £35, (amazon earlier this year). Currently it's about £50, £40 for the upgrade, so unless you want both parts of the bundle, it may not be the best deal.

thanks

Dave

Archived