Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hej Hej, welcome Silky_Jack, as you see another friend is here  :sungum:

Jukebox has his Stockrington link on his signature obviously, so there's two places you know to come and chat, between us we can still manage a good old bunfight. :triniti:  :jester:

If you do decide to add a My Layout thread...hint....hint....we'll be there in a flash. No pressure, just seeing you to chat is great. Another Goathland addict  :sungum:

We have some nice new friends, as well. People have been really friendly here. Besides the My Layouts consider checking out 'Anything you can do, I can do better, Robinson and Downes'....a truly inspiration thread, I do post there, a bit, not that I am a chatterbox..........much :yahoo:  I follow a bundle of my layouts. here.

Chatterbox?? just about took over the thread... :jester:

Hi SJ

if you go into the forum layout topics, at the top right hand side under follow this forum, you should see a button start new topic.

However, I know there are somethings you cannot do until you have made ...i think it was 50 posts. this maybe one of them. 

Regards

Kal

The one I could l not load yesterday

med_gallery_17883_2760_549167.jpg

left half weathered right half untouched

med_gallery_17883_2760_745738.jpg

sun behind. The lorry stops the resin building looking transparent

med_gallery_17883_2760_1466880.jpg

effect of windows when you pull back a ways

now there's another picture I can't download, I think it hates the last photo you put up. Tomorrow I'll have taken more and I'll upload it. The last is usually, you believe,  the best, typical.

• Like 4

Well as I said I studied Iain's, couldn't get close to his wonderful broken panes, thankfully I didn't feel so bad after he explained he makes his from scratch,

I tried the flat black, but looking at pictures of the real thing they often come up different shades even catching the blue sky or green trees. I painted with a brush, If I was doing a load I would need a small square sponge like tool to get into the corners easily, and speed it all up.

Then photograph them way way way way back, good thing our loft is long.

The colouring of the bricks I looked up on Allan's as Iain doing his from scratch builds up a total colour, where as Allan colours brick paper etc. So I thought, hmmmm can I get away with just a black powder on this brown brick building. I did sneak in a little claire's cosmetics from halloween which gave 6 colours black mixed greys to white. But for a first attempt I don't think I have ruined a perfectly good bought building. (A good wash and T-cut had been waiting in the wings.)

• RMweb Gold

But for a first attempt I don't think I have ruined a perfectly good bought building. (A good wash and T-cut had been waiting in the wings.)

Absolutely not!

It's transferred it from "train-set toy building" to a scenic structure that fits its surroundings and enhances the layout.

You can't get better than that.

Well as I said I studied Iain's, couldn't get close to his wonderful broken panes, thankfully I didn't feel so bad after he explained he makes his from scratch,

I tried the flat black, but looking at pictures of the real thing they often come up different shades even catching the blue sky or green trees. I painted with a brush, If I was doing a load I would need a small square sponge like tool to get into the corners easily, and speed it all up.

Then photograph them way way way way back, good thing our loft is long.

The colouring of the bricks I looked up on Allan's as Iain doing his from scratch builds up a total colour, where as Allan colours brick paper etc. So I thought, hmmmm can I get away with just a black powder on this brown brick building. I did sneak in a little claire's cosmetics from halloween which gave 6 colours black mixed greys to white. But for a first attempt I don't think I have ruined a perfectly good bought building. (A good wash and T-cut had been waiting in the wings.)

I feel very honoured and flattered that you have studied my models (and someone else's, some Allan guy) and that it has helped you come to a methodology of your own which is very effective. I am sure that you would have got there without me (and that other guy...Allan somebody or other), I love the exuberance and enthusiasm you and your hubby bring to your modelling, it's an inspiration. You are doing your own thing and coming up with something very special. Thank you for making this old geezer feel very pleased!

cheers

Iain

• Like 1

I was at my pc most of last night welcoming a new friend, and chatting to old ones, but I did  do a little multi tasking

Hornby yellow wagon

med_gallery_17883_2760_1383463.jpg1708

next to it one with weathering on the wagon which was my first ever attempt with my airbrush, but I added the graffiti JAZ last night

med_gallery_17883_2760_1179187.jpg1714

just the weathered and graffiti wagon

med_gallery_17883_2760_689756.jpg1704

as usual I can't get the last / best photo until more pictures are done. Annoying but then I do get two posts for one LOL.

It wasn't up to the standard of the ones I tried with pencil, but then it is a fraction of the size.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

I was at my pc most of last night welcoming a new friend, and chatting to old ones, but I did  do a little multi tasking

Hornby yellow wagon

med_gallery_17883_2760_1383463.jpg

next to it one with weathering on the wagon which was my first ever attempt with my airbrush, but I added the graffiti JAZ last night

med_gallery_17883_2760_1179187.jpg

just the weathered and graffiti wagon

med_gallery_17883_2760_689756.jpg

as usual I can't get the last / best photo until more pictures are done. Annoying but then I do get two posts for one LOL.

It wasn't up to the standard of the ones I tried with pencil, but then it is a fraction of the size.

Well done Jaz!

And the texture of the stonework behind is positively awesome!...

Tony

(Oops, back to lurking)