The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

new book may interest some on here

peanuts

whoops sorry 

They're coming thick and fast, part two of the Walkden Yard series is the volume concentrating on the locomotives themselves and the collieries they served. Laid out like a catalogue with a detailed history for each loco.
Hundreds of photos inc colour, mostly unpublished images. After the locos is an A to Z of the collieries with pics of the pits and surface plans.
Should be out early February either in Waterstones or Amazon, I've been sent this draft cover, it's very low resolution but gives you an idea.
Ideal for dipping into as you delog on the bogpopcorn.gif

Locobook_zps1df59f94.jpg

Thanks for that, another definite purchaser here. I can see that it links to the authors previous Walkden Yard volume but the cover of this one seems to suggest it's No.1 of a new series on Britains Industrial Railways?

Peanuts, can I suggest that you amend the topic title to include the books title, or something like Walkden Colliery Lines. I think it might help draw in those who are interested in the system. I've put a link to here in the older Walkden System thread.

Archived