Chris Kedgley Memorial skills Day, 8 March 2014

The Admiral Lord Nelson School

Dundas Lane, Portsmouth PO3 5XT

11am to 4.30pm

EMGS members FREE

Scalefour Society Members £3.00

Non Members  £5.00

Free car parking and excellent on site catering

Many of those active in P4 or EM gauge modelling will have been saddened last year to hear of the death of Chris Kedgley.  He was a regular at Scaleforum but of course was widely recognised as the Chairman of the EM Gauge Society until only a few months before his passing.  Prior to that he was the treasurer for many years.  He was always very keen to promote 4mm finescale modelling, always having time to chat end encourage fellow modellers.

With this in mind the EMGS Board have felt it would be fitting host a Skills Day in Chris's memory in Portsmouth where he had so many friends in the hobby. 

We have a number of top modellers willing to give up their time and give you the opportunity to "have a go" so whether you want to learn how to solder or are having a problem getting a chassis to run smoothly, this is your chance to learn.

In addition to the experts we will also have two layouts under construction plus West Cliff - Richard Butler's serperb interpretation of GWR on the south coast

Finally our P4/EM test track will be in attendance along with the EMGS Trade Stand (so bring your shopping list) 

I'll post more information as it becomes available but in the meantime get the date into your diary.

more info from publicity@emgs.org

Graeme Vickery

EMGS Board Member

• RMweb Gold

Chris was a great friend and always very encouraging to me. This is a wonderful idea, which I'm sure he'd approve of.

"Somwhere up there" he'll be looking down, and demonstrating the art of painting and lining..

bit more on the worshop subjects:

soldering for the beginner

resistance soldering

etched coach kit construction

layout wiring and bouncing signal arms

laser cutting technology

architectural modelling

track and turnout construction

templot

split chassis loco construction

wagon springing

r-r conversions

using plastic

landscape modelling

In a bit of a rush so forgive me for not also publishing the names of those doing the demonstrations

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna be a great day. More info on who's doing what at www.emgs.org

Thanks to those who offered advice on my castle conversion at members day. I now have a chassis running smoothly on a yard of track. Will have it on test track at skills day

• RMweb Premium

All packed up and ready to go.

Looking forward to the day tomorrow. Should be good.

Clevedon will be without drapes, lighting rig and backscene (odd deliberately not packing them), so come and have a look if you want to see what my attempt at foam base boards look like.

A quick thank you to the organisers. A most enjoyable first time demonstrating (well, yakking, about modelling, which was great) in a nicley relaxed environment. Shame I barely got to see the rest of those present, but that's par for the course I suppose. 

Adam

Archived