BR Scotrail Carriage Interiors

Hello All,

Does anyone have any details of the interiors of Scotrail carriages? Specifically Mk3s and Mk2 Aircons. I'm modelling a push-pull rake and am currently doing a Mk3 CO. I've got the Lima interior and am planning to paint it and add people etc. Any details of colours for floors, sides, tables and seats would be great. I suspect tartan will feature somewhere! I also expect the standard class and first class portions will be different. Any information would be great, photos even better!

Cheers

Rick

The interiors of the ScotRail Mk2 and Mk3 stock were unchanged from the blue and grey days. They only received new paint on the outside and the interiors were unaltered until their reburbishment (and change of livery to Swallow) from around 1990. The ScotRail Mk3 coaches were among the last of the fleet to be refurbished.

The second class seats would have been in blue, the first class in orange. The left hand photo in this link: http://www.carriage-exchange.org.uk/wanted.htm shows a Mk2A TSO, the interior colours of the Mk2D TSO stock would have been identical. Below is a scan of HST interiors (similar to Mk2F and Mk3 loco hauled) for which I have no idea where it came from.

post-7112-0-89139100-1397173685.jpg

To summarise:

Mk2A to Mk2E:

Second class: floor: blue, sides: wood veneer, end walls: wood veneer, table tops: dark blue, seat backs: off white, seat covers: blue

First class: floor: brown/fawn/tan stripes, sides: wood veneer, end walls: wood veneer, table tops: off white, seat backs: off white, seat covers: rust, curtains: orange

Mk2F and Mk3:

Second class: floor: blue, sides: fawn, end walls: off white, table tops: mid blue, seat backs: off white, seat covers: blue

First class: floor: brown/orange stripes, sides: fawn, end walls: off white, table tops: burnt orange, seat backs: off white, seat covers: orange, curtains: orange

Edited by Flood
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 years later...

The interiors of the ScotRail Mk2 and Mk3 stock were unchanged from the blue and grey days. They only received new paint on the outside and the interiors were unaltered until their reburbishment (and change of livery to Swallow) from around 1990. The ScotRail Mk3 coaches were among the last of the fleet to be refurbished.

The second class seats would have been in blue, the first class in orange. The left hand photo in this link: http://www.carriage-exchange.org.uk/wanted.htm shows a Mk2A TSO, the interior colours of the Mk2D TSO stock would have been identical. Below is a scan of HST interiors (similar to Mk2F and Mk3 loco hauled) for which I have no idea where it came from.

attachicon.gifHST Interior.JPG

To summarise:

Mk2A to Mk2E:

Second class: floor: blue, sides: wood veneer, end walls: wood veneer, table tops: dark blue, seat backs: off white, seat covers: blue

First class: floor: brown/fawn/tan stripes, sides: wood veneer, end walls: wood veneer, table tops: off white, seat backs: off white, seat covers: rust, curtains: orange

Mk2F and Mk3:

Second class: floor: blue, sides: fawn, end walls: off white, table tops: mid blue, seat backs: off white, seat covers: blue

First class: floor: brown/orange stripes, sides: fawn, end walls: off white, table tops: burnt orange, seat backs: off white, seat covers: orange, curtains: orange

Hallo,

The scan is from Modern Railways July 1975 issue, from an article about loco hauled MK3s. (edit, sorry, the article is about MK3 coaches in general but the loco hauled are featured as well)

For info I arrived at this thread from the Oxford Rail MK3 thread.

es grüßt

pc

Edited by Padishar Creel
  • Like 1