Second Hand Value Of The Hornby E-link

Something I didn't know or check when bought the Hornby E-Link/Railmaster DCC controller  was that the Railmaster software is not transferable to someone else.

You can deactivate Railmaster on a PC and re-activate it on another of your PCs but you can't de-register your personal details which go to Hornby.

So what is the value of a second hand E-link?

• A new Railmaster software CD would cost £50 plus.
  • A complete new e-link and Railmaster CD can be bought for around £80.
  • Arithmetic suggests therefore he new "cost or value" of the E-link module itself is, say, £30.

So, second hand value ?  I reckon £10-20 at most

I'm not knocking E-Link, I've used it over 9 months and It's worked OK but I've decided to revert to my ZTC511.

However, I was expecting a little more second value from my E-link purchase....

Ian

• 2 months later...

Someone may have bought RM stand alone in early days for use with the Elite and want an eLink as a second controller so they may have a reasonable value.

I use an Elite as Controller A for locos and the eLink as Controller B for points only.

• RMweb Premium

Someone may have bought RM stand alone in early days for use with the Elite and want an eLink as a second controller so they may have a reasonable value.

I use an Elite as Controller A for locos and the eLink as Controller B for points only.

I think RM with a PC can drive two e-links anyway - as above, I have a (possible) plan to use one for locos and one for points/accessories.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived