Flangeway Mermaid - Painted Samples

Summer_Saturday

I am trying to see what they would be trading under as Flangeway not on the warley traders list?

Seems strange as Flangeway Models is listed at the Wigan Show in December, which is were I will be picking my Mermaids up from. Maybe another trader at Warley has agreed to sell these for Flangeway or its a typo on the Warley advert???

Cheers

Simon

"Right... Unfortunately Flangeway have only received 100 of ME-1 BR Black Mermaids for the show. So in fairness to everybody they are holding these back until the a quantity of each livery is available in order to supply pre-orders... Hopefully!!! They will have ALL in stock for the WIGAN show! Anybody with pre-orders will be contacted in the next couple of weeks."

"With Thanks DEREK" Flangeway, (DMB MODELS/FOOTPLATE)"

Cheers Rich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, unfortunately shipping of the new wagon has slipped back again with a new estimated arrival just before the new year expected. As soon as they arrive all orders will be despatched with the remainder going on sale.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, but rest assured when they do arrive you won't be disappointed, they are very very nice models... :D

Cheers Richard

• 2 weeks later...

'when you do a wagon you will never get it spot on ,but this model was scanned from a 1952 set of br drawings there are 11 different mermaids to choose from , but thanks for your coments ... Derek'

The old old story. When will people take in the fact that just because a drawing depicts a certain dimension or feature it does not mean that this detail was ever used in production. In some cases the surviving official drawings were made after the batch was built. Look at a selection of NER locos drawings, then compare them with photographs and you will see what I mean. How often must the old adage be repeated. Use a dated photograph.

Rant over.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have tried to get a few reasonable pics of them.

The NEM boxes are the correct height :D and I have installed Kadee number 18's (after photos were taken), just had to add plasticard shim to eradicate droop.

post-77-1263931464574_thumb.jpg

Guest Max Stafford

It'll do for me! I'm just waiting for three black ones to arrive, they should scrub up well with a bit of weathering.

Dave.

The tipping chains on the model are oval, rather than round, as I think all the prototypes were. The link lengths are very overscale. The brake lever isn't joggled in, so the brake ratchet and guard are too proud of the solebar.

There's plenty of room between the W-irons for P4/EM wheelsets. The brakes are aligned for 00 wheels, understandably, but can be bent outwards to suit the wider gauges. The W-irons aren't Mermaid typical, but do look reasonably like the originals fitted to some, as can be seen on Paul Bartlett's page.

Nice looking wagon.