45 ton ransome and rapier crane (WR)

B15nac

Hi

I thought I would start a thread on one of wild boar models 45 ton Ransome and Rapier cranes. I received mine on Friday an I have to say it's superb it's very nicely laid out in a nicely designed foam tray with a very well illustrated book on how to assemble the kit plus where to add works plates an other details. I'm going to upload pictures of the assembly an painting of this as I go along as I really think it's a great kit. If anyone else has already built one it would be nice to see pictures of your progress.

Regards Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Though I would upload some pictures of how I'm getting on with this! Really enjoying building an painting this model it all fits together nicely an the etchings that come with it are excellent. I'm in the process of weathering it slightly with powders and adding final details.

Cheers Neil

post-15503-0-84584300-1421097761_thumb.jpg

post-15503-0-07536100-1421097798_thumb.jpg

You  have made a good job of the crane Neil. I too have a Wild boar crane kit but have yet to start mine.

Could you please tell me how you made such a good job of the brass etched plates, did you use metal black or paint and how did you pick out the white lettering so beautifully?

Thanks for the comments I thought I would show a few pictures now the main part is finished an weathered! The plates I sprayed black then sanded back on fine wet an dry to shine up the letters. They came up well Really nice etchs.

post-15503-0-23534800-1421360074_thumb.jpg

post-15503-0-20589100-1421360101_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived