Weston on Trent Model Railway Show 14th November 2015

andyram

An early call out for this year's show. The event is now in its fourth year and is becoming established in the calendar. We already have some great layouts lined up but are looking for a few more. If anyone is interested please get in touch.

Today has seen some big news regarding the future of the Weston on Trent Exhibition. See details at the blog page shown below.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/1064/entry-16102-here-to-stay/

As regards this year's show we are beginning to assemble quite a collection of RMWeb layouts. Details will be posted soon.

There is still space for any other RMWebbers who would like to join us.

I am delighted to reveal that the excellent "Steam on the Cambrian" will be at this year's show. One of a number of RMWeb layouts to feature. This layout was built by Dukedog of this parish!

More layout reveals soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really pleased to announce two more RMWeb members have confirmed that their layouts will be joining us for this year's show. Nick Quinn (doctor quinn) will be returning for a second year, this time with his layout Industrivej" and Will J's Severn Valley based N gauge "Victoria Bridge" layout is also to attend. With my own Skaleby West set to be exhibited in a new extended form that is 4 RMWeb members already on the confirmed list.

I know of another 5 RMWeb members who are likely to attend - we are just awaiting final confirmations. We could have our largest ever gathering of RMWeb members in the event's short history. Who else wants to join the fun?

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Andy deserves huge credit for starting and getting continuity for the future of the Weston on Trent show. It was great to exhibit there in 2012-13, a really friendly local school show. I was out of the country last year but who knows for the future? Hope all goes well for 2015.

Dava

Thanks Dava. Things are progressing with this year's show. I hope to have more announcements regarding layouts soon. This week I have successfully been promoted onto the school's senior management team, effectively taking on a shared deputy headship from September. That should bode well for the future of the show. We already have a firm date for 2016.

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations Andy,

I hope it doesn't mean work expands to fill all your modelling space!

Dava

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The show is coming together very well - with as many as 20 layouts coming this year. This includes several RMWeb members and a new "interactive zone" featuring layouts that are available for the general public to try out. There are some new traders this year too. All layouts and traders will be listed in due course. We are still on the hunt for a narrow shelf type layout to fill a gap in a corridor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The show floor plan is gradually coming together. Once completed I will post full details of the layouts and traders on here. It looks like we will have 21 layouts this year, making it our biggest ever show. At the last count this includes 11 layouts owned and operated by RMWeb members.

List of layouts for Weston on Trent Model Railway show 2015

Saturday 14th November

1) HOWLING MOOR DAM             N gauge.

2) FLAGG FLUORSPOR               16mm - foot  wartime layout.

3) ELVEDEN ROAD DEPOT          00 gauge modern image.

4) STEAM ON THE CAMBRIAN      00 gauge steam.

5) LINDEN HALT                             00 gauge diesel.

6) SALVERTON                               N gauge buses.

7) MALTBY                                      0 gauge micro layout (shown as work in progress).

8. FOSTER STREET                       N gauge steam LMS era.

9) INDUSTRIVEJ                             HO gauge - Danish railways.

10) OBER                                        HO gauge - German tramways.

11) VICTORIA BRIDGE                   N gauge - steam preservation (Severn Valley Railway)

12) NEPTUNE STREET YARD       OO gauge (Exhibited by the Little Layout Company - making their first visit to Weston)

13) NUTBROOK HILL                      009 gauge

14) UP THE LINE                             0-16.5 7mm narrow gauge WW1 (return visit by last year's best in show winner - in extended form)

15) SKALEBY WEST                       00 gauge steam  (my layout will be exhibited in extended form - possibly with the extension as a work in progress).

16) WEST SHED                             00 gauge BR blue sound fitted diesels.

17) BYGONE RAILWAYS                Malcolm Hughes exhibits more models from the past.

18) AT THE SEASIDE                     N gauge

19) CANAL PARK STATION            00 and N gauge.

20) BOARD LANE                            00 gauge shunting layout.

21) LAWRIE'S LAIR                          N gauge

The layouts that are underlined are those that I know are owned and operated by RMWeb members. I make that NINE RMWeb operated layouts. Hopefully we will see many other RMWeb members visiting on the day. Remember the event takes place at:

Weston on Trent Primary School

Forrester Avenue

Weston on Trent

Derbyshire

DE72 2HX

Doors open from 10.30am.

Prices:

Adults: £3.50

Seniors: £3.00

Children: £2.00

Family (2+2) £10.00

There is free parking on site and alternative parking a short walk away at the Village Hall, Trent Lane or at the Coopers Arms pub. We have hot and cold refreshments available including tea, coffee, soft drinks, cake, bacon baps and hot meals at lunch - including jacket potatoes and salad. There is a raffle with lots of railway and non-railway related prizes. All funds raised go directly to funding the restocking of the school library. Come along and help our fourth show (and my first as deputy head) our best yet.

NB: A LIST OF TRADERS AND DEMONSTATORS WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY.

Might sound daft, is there anywhere to lock a pushbike up? it's only down the road so want to avoid getting the car out unnecessarily.

Will be there regardless anyway :)

There are bike sheds at the front of the school where you can lock your bike up. We will have people on gate all day and they will be in view of the sheds too. If you come along please come and say hi.

There are bike sheds at the front of the school where you can lock your bike up. We will have people on gate all day and they will be in view of the sheds too. If you come along please come and say hi.

Thanks for the info. All being well I shall be there, it will be morning I come anyway because I have an appointment in the afternoon.

Archived