Weston on Trent Model Railway Show 14th November 2015

andyram

• RMweb Premium

Look out for the yellow road signs - Andy collected them from Club last night and in exchange he's putting adverts in his show guide for our exhibition at the Roundhouse next May, plus local film shows and swapmeets - I think we got good value out of that deal  :yes:  !

Thanks for the kind comments Jock.

A further update from today. We are pleased to announce that the Erewash Valley Modellers have agreed to join us on Saturday. They are putting on a small display of their locomotives and a video show of their running line.

• RMweb Premium

Hope the weather is not too bad, looks a bit wet on Saturday which is not what you want - especially whilst everyone's unloading!

Aim to get there as a spectator during the day. Maybe a layout for next year!

Dava

Thanks all.

Well the school is set up. The hall and the classrooms have been prepared to receive their exhibits and trade stands. Sadly we have suffered from a couple of late withdrawals which means I have had to rearrange things from what is stated in the show guide. One withdrawal is understandable due to illness.

Hopefully we will have a good turn out. Remember there are alternative car parks at the Coopers Arms pub, the Village Hall (Trent Lane) and on street parking on Main Street if the school car park is full. We will have people on the gate to direct you.

You can reach us via public transport on the number 73 bus which operates from the city centre. Check the website for operator Notts and Derby.

Refreshments are available from the school kitchens. Bacon cobs cost £2. There are plenty of cakes too as well as teas and coffees. We are also selling jacket potato lunches with salad and a choice of filling for £3. We have listened to advice from previous years and have provided more tables in the hall and other classrooms for refreshment purposes.

If you do come I hope you enjoy your visit. Remember we are raising money for the new school library area. You will see progress on this in the hub area. The current book stock is temporarily stored in the corridors.

Hope to see you there. Please come and say hi. I will be in my room operating Skaleby West.

BREAKING NEWS

Werrington Road has stepped in at the 11th hour to replace Ober which withdrew yesterday. A massive thank you to the layout owner (50050 of this site) who contacted me and offered his services this evening.

Best wishes to Frank Collins (Dukedog of this site) who pulled out earlier in the week due to illness. Hopefully he will be joining us in 2016.

Andy

Good to meet you this morning.

Great exhibition at your primary school, superb venue, and loads of interesting layouts.

Great to meet so many RMweb members too, I really enjoyed myself, and it looked like others did too.

Well done mate.!!

Bob

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations from me as well Andy

A good quality selection of layouts good to se Andy P latest production and a good natter.

Also a chat with 250Bob and many others.

Trader forced my wallet open

Keep the good work up

Terry

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations on a very good show Andy. The collection of layouts was excellent with a nice variety which kept both myself and my dad occupied for a few hours. It was sad, but understandable, to miss out on Steam on the Cambrian, but my dad and I decided to put our vote to Werrington Road (though I wrote it on the sheet as Patrick Steel) who given he only had a few hours notice was a fantastic stand in for a missing layout. Having walked round everywhere dad and I spent another half hour going back through the rooms to decide on our choice, which shows the overall quality on display.

One thing I'd like to ask... where the layouts are on rmweb, could you please post a link to their thread/blog if you know it. There are some I'd like to follow and can't find through the search.

I'll definitely come back for more next year... and maybe you'll have water in your river by then :)

Kind regards, Neil

Archived