Oh Jack, what have you started...

Robatron86

I'm not hooked by S scale. This scale seems to close to the OO. And the cost!!!!

That's true where the prototypes are the same, but British 00 next to American H0 doesn't really show much difference.

I was comparing English OO with French HO

I'm not hooked by S scale. This scale seems to close to the OO. And the cost!!!!

The cost of S!, no no it's no more expensive comparatively than the other scales, Des Browne at the Belfast Caboose has a nice selection of second hand items at fair prices if anyone fancies giving the scale a try.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

Right, run this one up the flagpole, then, as a suggestion for O guage microlayouts. The 28foot boxcar, now coupled to a recently completed "Beep", being a RMT bodyshell mounted on an Atlas switcher chassis. You'll see that the combination measures just 17" overall.post-26540-0-12929000-1478719812_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Right, run this one up the flagpole, then, as a suggestion for O guage microlayouts. The 28foot boxcar, now coupled to a recently completed "Beep", being a RMT bodyshell mounted on an Atlas switcher chassis. You'll see that the combination measures just 17" overall.attachicon.gifIMG_0737.JPG

Your Beep looks surprisingly believable. I have to say that this sort of thing is great fun and, as you say, is perfect for a micro layout. It's amazing how quickly the brain overlooks/normalizes the more fanciful elements of shortened stock and microlayouts. A bit like 2D scenery and basic props at the theatre I suppose.

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Not an Oscar, but a cut-down observation car that I found at a train show a few years back. I ended up giving it to a friend (the photo is on his layout) but now have it back.

post-32067-0-60000500-1504235093_thumb.jpg

post-32067-0-77128500-1504234934_thumb.jpg

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I Do Like That!

Thank you. I wonder what a BR Mk1 would look like shortened. My main interest is now is On2½, but running that on my friend's HO sometimes presents problems:

post-32067-0-62494300-1504305943_thumb.jpg

Fits this way:

post-32067-0-13084100-1504305946_thumb.jpg

Houston, we have a problem:

post-32067-0-73575400-1504305948_thumb.jpg

post-32067-0-78150600-1504305951_thumb.jpg

Note that he will not let me modify the turntable arch supports. :sad_mini2:

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 1

I had found, sometime go, a thread on another group about shorty cars - I found it again today, but see that  due to the kind intervention of fotof**kit quite a lot of the photos have disappeared.  Shoud anyone want to see if tyey can ind wnything of interest - here is the link

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?18386-tooters-scooters

There are 55 pages - so don't go there if you are time-poor!

Edited by shortliner

• 9 months later...