Polyfoam insulation board

• RMweb Gold

John if it is used as insulation board then it would be fitted tight to the rafters in the loft, similar to Kingspan so then it wouldn't be able to contract?

Regards,

Nick

• RMweb Gold

I've had some in situ in my layout room for 12 - 18 months as part of baseboard structures with no suggestion of expansion/contraction issues, nor any sign of warping. I also have two boards made 6 months ago that are entirely based on foam, with almost no wood in them at all.

I'm not sure what to make of it, though, but today I opened a fresh pack of Knauf foam boards - same packaging as before - and noticed that the texture of the boards was somewhat rougher than before, with more of a dimpled finish than the previously smooth facing. Whether this reflects any major change in the composition, I don't know. It feels to be of similar density and cuts similarly.

I never had any problems with Chittle and that was just one big lump of the stuff completely surrounded by plywood. The plywood was glued and tacked together as well as being glued to the foam and it never moved.

HTH

Yep, can only confirm what has already been said - I made hills out of it and admittedly mine were covered with Sculptamold, paint, etc, but never had any problems and it's been stored in the garage for over a year now.

Archived