Getting back to railway modelling after a 40 year break.

HI I am in the process of planning a small village station on the old Leicester to Burton Line.

I have not been near a model railway loco  since 1975 and latterly I have been building scratch build warships that I served in during the 60's.

I do not aspire to the brilliant  standards I have seen on some layouts just want a presentable facsimile of that area

my questions will probably appear pretty basic (stupid)  as the hobby has come on so far since then.

I intend to build  Kirby Muxloe station in the period 58-61 as I used it to go to school in Leicester till I joined the Navy. 

This period had a mixture of early type 101? DMU and 0-6-0 and 4-4-0 locos passenger and freight

The only thing that is set in stone is the layout size as 2ft 6in X 11 ft. I cannot squeeze any more into my den

First thing can anybody help with photos of this station/area.  I did get some from the web but they were all from the west end of the station and 

I am missing large areas of detail.

thanks 

Geoff

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Who were the original company, big four or region of BR for the station?  You might find that one of the societies or groups (even Facebook groups) for that particular railway company may have track diagrams and building plans? 

Perhaps the Midland Society might be of use?

Is there anything in Mr Castens Emporium of railway literature that might be of assistance?

Good luck, I find research one of the most enjoyable parts of the hobby.

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 2