Unable to access forum area

• RMweb Premium

Just to add mine to the record I am unable to access Wheeltapers, MM&M and Layout topics. I can access individual topics either from manage followed content for threads I follow or else via view new content. This is on my iPad via Google.

So interesting little update. I can now access page 1 of Prototype discussions without any issues when I'm logged in. Here ends the good news... Once I try to move to page two I get the same error message again!

Still, it's progress 

Ian

• Informative/Useful 1

22 hours ago, 11B said:

So interesting little update. I can now access page 1 of Prototype discussions without any issues when I'm logged in. Here ends the good news... Once I try to move to page two I get the same error message again!

Still, it's progress 

Ian

That didn't last long.

Can't get into it again today.

Ian

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, 11B said:

That didn't last long.

Can't get into it again today.

Ian

This sounds like it could be triggered by an individual topic. Maybe it was on page 2 yesterday and on page 1 today with a subsequent post? If so, what could cause it? An ignored topic?

Would you happen to have any Prototype Discussion topics ignored here https://www.rmweb.co.uk/settings/ignoredtopics/?

Yes, I'm clutching at straws!

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

This sounds like it could be triggered by an individual topic. Maybe it was on page 2 yesterday and on page 1 today with a subsequent post? If so, what could cause it? An ignored topic?

Would you happen to have any Prototype Discussion topics ignored here https://www.rmweb.co.uk/settings/ignoredtopics/?

Yes, I'm clutching at straws!

Err... Bad news is I don't have any ignored topics, and the worse news is I have discovered that it is the same with MM&M and Wheeltappers!

Sorry, Ian

• Thanks 1

On 17/05/2022 at 21:07, scots region said:

Nor Layout topics or Modelling musing either, it can't just be a fault on the site. 

Thanks Scots region,

Just tried Layout topics, and that doesn't work for me either.

I'm now starting to work though each topic menu to see which I can still access!

I'm not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing that this fault is affecting a few of us?

Kind regards

Ian

• RMweb Premium

I'm unable to access MM&M (error 500) or Wheeltappers ("This community is temporarily unavailable" from Invision). I may have ignored topics, but I can't find anywhere to manage them. Running Premium theme.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

I'm unable to access MM&M (error 500) or Wheeltappers ("This community is temporarily unavailable" from Invision). I may have ignored topics, but I can't find anywhere to manage them. Running Premium theme.

Undeniably there is an issue but I just can't replicate it or fathom the difference between someone who can and some who can't. It's definitely browser related rather than serverside.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Undeniably there is an issue but I just can't replicate it or fathom the difference between someone who can and some who can't. It's definitely browser related rather than serverside.

Thanks, Andy.  

My normal browser is Chrome on Android and the issue remains after I clear cookies and cached data for the site.  However, the same sections are unavailable and return the same errors if I use the built in Samsung browser, which suggests it is not entirely browser-related.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Flying Pig said:

which suggests it is not entirely browser-related.

My hunch leans towards cookies as some can see everything OK if they're not logged in.

12 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

My hunch leans towards cookies as some can see everything OK if they're not logged in.

I think your right, when I went and had a fiddle with chromes cookie settings, blocking all cookies cleared the problem right up, however it also signed me out and kept me out. I suppose asking Google, as in the company, to see if they can do something is a possibility though a doubtful one.  

Edited by scots region

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, scots region said:

I suppose asking Google, as in the company, to see if they can do something

They won't sort out the Firefox users though and definitely not the Safari sorts. 😁

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Sounds good - if I sign out and clear cookies, I can access MM&M (obviously I can't see Wheeltappers).  The error returns as soon as I sign in.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if this might be related.  I cannot access the Premium topic to post there.  

Clicking the arrow on the banner here .....

1322166028_Screenshot2022-05-31at15_23_56.png.c88be239fdd9f139fe737b468c8a293d.png

produces this message .....

717939062_Screenshot2022-05-31at15_24_18.png.b603026d284f44dd81e49b53e2c45613.png

Mac OS 12.4 / Safari 15.5 with only the inbuilt security active.  

@AY Mod?

• RMweb Premium
On 31/05/2022 at 15:29, Gwiwer said:

I cannot access the Premium topic

Still no access.  Cache cleared.  Tried on the iPhone as well.   I also tried going through the forum index rather than clicking the link but with the same result.  I can access the Gold topic and everything else but not Premium.  Hmmmmm.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Still no access.  Cache cleared.  Tried on the iPhone as well.   I also tried going through the forum index rather than clicking the link but with the same result.  I can access the Gold topic and everything else but not Premium.  Hmmmmm.  

Can you see it if you logout Rick? That's the test whether it's a system fault (for general availability) or a browser issue (user availability). If other members within the same usergroup can access a topic or subforum that further points to a local issue; it's just that we can't work out what it is to advise better.

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Can you see it if you logout Rick?

No.  Logged out from desktop and phone.  Same result every time.  Every other area comes up with a single click but this one - the topic and the link via the green banner - give the same error message as before.  

I switched off, turned on and logged back in and it's exactly the same.  

• RMweb Premium

Well I'm blowed.  

The green banner changed to an orange one and suddenly I was allowed into the topic.  As described therein I eventually managed to sign my life £12 away.  

As a Premium member the banner has now gone altogether and guess what ..... I'm locked out of that topic again!!!!!  Same error message as before.  Not that it really matters any more but just for the record.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Not that it really matters any more but just for the record.  

Nope; can't work out why at all! 🧐

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I didn't spot this when I posted separately, but I'm still seeing this problem on multiple computers with multiple web browsers and only when I'm logged in.

I only seem to be unable to view https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/87-layout-topics/

If it's any help, this is what I see in the Network tab of the developer tools:

rmweb-layout-topics-screenshot.thumb.png.e3caf21a8542f349ed1e6d54a47e6220.png

(I've redacted the cookie as I'm not sure how much info is in it. Happy to send it privately.)