Bachmann Class 170 and 171

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

It seems to have gone very quiet regarding the announcement of the newly tooled Class 170, and 171.  It’s disappeared from the catalogue, so I’m wondering if it’s been quietly shelved?

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

It seems to have gone very quiet regarding the announcement of the newly tooled Class 170, and 171.  It’s disappeared from the catalogue, so I’m wondering if it’s been quietly shelved?

Hi,

As Bachman said, it has just been on the slow boil and will appear in the future, it isn’t shelved.

I know it is being worked on, although I don’t know exactly what stage they are at now or how actively it is being worked on.

You almost certainly won’t see any news of it until it is ready for sale I would imagine.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Like 2

I emailed Bachmann with a similar reply last year and the reply I received was:

The Class 170 DMUs were removed from our range at the start of 2020 ahead of the publication of our 2020 Combined Volume Catalogue. In preparing the 2020 Combined Volume, we identified a small number of items for which we have no production slot yet available and this included the Class 170s. In line with our move to the announcement of new products only once they reach the advance stages of the production process, we took the decision to omit these items from the Combined Volume and our customers were notified of this at the time. Whilst work may continue on these projects in readiness for their future release, no further updates will be provided until such a time that the models are ready for release.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It took 3.5 years for the 158 to go from the tool room (March 2016) to on the shelves (December 2019), that was before covid, and that one had space.

if there was no space in 2020, then the last 2 years certainly hasn't made any more.

With Shipping delays in China now stretching by 2/3 rds additional and inflation starting to head into 1920’s Germany territory, I think a new Turbostar is a pipe dream for now.

On 06/05/2022 at 22:42, adb968008 said:

It took 3.5 years for the 158 to go from the tool room (March 2016) to on the shelves (December 2019), that was before covid, and that one had space.

if there was no space in 2020, then the last 2 years certainly hasn't made any more.

With Shipping delays in China now stretching by 2/3 rds additional and inflation starting to head into 1920’s Germany territory, I think a new Turbostar is a pipe dream for now.

Even longer for announcement to shelves.