LED illumination behaviour

Steadfast

Hi all,

A bit of a niche one this I know...

I didn't know how else to title it, and various Google searches for different terms hasn't really helped.

So - is there a CV I can adjust to change how quickly the LEDS illuminate when I hit F0 please?

The loco in question is a Farish 70, with a 6 pin decoder. The lights on it sort of fade in over about half a second like incandescent bulbs do when lighting. However on a real 70, the lights are LEDs and illuminate as soon as switch is flicked.

I'd like to get the 70 to be full brightness immediately when I press F0.

Conversely, extending the fade in time would be nice on some other locos, with older style bulbs. The 59/0 are particularly noticeable for this.

I know this is a real small detail, but spending so much time around the real things it's noticeable when the model is different.

Many thanks,

Jo

Manual is linked here, page 30 mentions fade in and fade out, but it might as well be written in another language! I appreciate it's a learning curve and I'm new to this DCC game, but I can't get my head round this at all! I've been reading the manual for the last half hour.

https://train-o-matic.com/download/tom_lokommander_ii_en.pdf

Jo

2 minutes ago, RAF96 said:

The decoder manual should tell you how to if it is at all possible.

And indeed it does. CV112 & CV113 control the fade on and fade off time for the lights. The defaults are 400ms and 200ms respectively. Setting both to 0 should make the lights turn on and off immediately. The fade in/out time is the value of the CV times 8ms. I’ve never seen one of these before so I’ve learnt something new today.

Regards,

John P

• Thanks 1