Wiring diagram/photo for a Dapol HST?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or even a photograph of the wiring from a Dapol HST Powered Car? I've got a model where the wiring and DCC chip socket were burnt out and I've purchased a new one from DCC Supplies, but neither they nor Dapol were able to supply me with a wiring diagram. 

Thanks.

12 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or even a photograph of the wiring from a Dapol HST Powered Car?

Do the photographs at https://www.youchoos.co.uk/Index-Resource.php?L1=Guides&Item=DapolHSTSound help at all?

And the YouTube video at:

showing the fitting of TTS to a Dapol HST.

Ian

Edited by ISW
YouTube link added
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Red/black just go to each pickup, there should be a long and a short one of each to reach the front and back pickups. Grey and orange to the motor, routed through the grooves in the sides of the chassis. Nothing unusual at all.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, njee20 said:

Red/black just go to each pickup, there should be a long and a short one of each to reach the front and back pickups. Grey and orange to the motor, routed through the grooves in the sides of the chassis. Nothing unusual at all.  

Yeah thanks, but I think that Dapol have changed the colour of the wiring in later versions as the wires are all black or red on the PCB that I bought. There are two shorts wires that are marked M- and M+ which I'm presuming are meant to go to the motor. I can make a guess as to what goes where, but I was just a bit worried that I might end up damaging it if I wired it up incorrectly.

• RMweb Premium

Yep, those go to the motor. Everything else is the same on the dummy - so just unscrew the PCB and check that if necessary. It should be really clear though. That only leaves the pickup wires. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, njee20 said:

Yep, those go to the motor. Everything else is the same on the dummy - so just unscrew the PCB and check that if necessary. It should be really clear though. That only leaves the pickup wires. 

Thanks, anyway after a lot of swearing due to the very short wires and some of them breaking off while trying to solder them I've got it all back together and working without it bursting into flames.

• Like 1