Scalescenes free goods shed - Original version

Hi all

I've just dug out my prints from years ago to build the scalescenes freebie goods shed,however I can't find the instruction sheet (maybe I didn't print it) and the original file is on a computer that I no longer have access to 

It's the original planked version I have,not the concrete one that is on their website today.Does anyone have a copy of the instructions they can send me please ?

Jamie, I have the R002 Small Goods Store from eons ago.  The R002 that is on the site looks to be different.  Is this the one you mean.  I made it into a goods shed in 0 gauge:

P1010006.JPG.22513da29e97959aeb7d0d55837ec739.JPG

I have the instructions for this.

John

• Thanks 1

Hi John

Yes that's the one, I was looking at your build earlier funnily enough 

I have replaced a few parts myself but there's a few bits on the sheet that I'm not sure how they fit ,mostly around the doors 

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Il Grifone said:

Too late now, but request to the site owner would probably produce the required result. i have found him very helpful in the past.

Indeed - I had the exact same problem, and John Wiffen very kindly provided them for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Should anyone be interested,this is my completed model,just awaiting various bits of signage and plonking on the layout 

I have deviated from the original in the following ways 

The brick base has been replaced by stone to match the rest of the buildings on the layout 

The paper doors have been replaced with real wooden doors scribed from plywood 

Platform has a rear wall added on the sloping part 

The inside has been strengthened with 2 wooden frames just inside the door entrances 

The platform side door slides but the loading side doors are fixed in the open position,and I made a wooden framework for them as the bottom of the doors are now below platform level 

Guttering downpipes have been added from suitable sized rod.The gutters are the weakest part of the kit and if I was building it again,I would replace them with some kind of plastic or brass channel,card isn't really a suitable medium.

Woodwork is in NE regional colours and the tangerine signage when it arrives should stand out nicely 

I don't know if there was an actual prototype for the Scalescenes design but in some respects it reminds of the Haggerleases goods shed which still exists in County Durham ,as seen in the last photo 

Thanks for looking 

IMG_20220924_154510.jpg.d70920a8903f856a9b0dc90ab14bc6a0.jpgIMG_20220924_154510.jpg.d70920a8903f856a9b0dc90ab14bc6a0.jpgIMG_20220803_094140.jpg.313b84b7520d6254e426d61a56aa5059.jpg

IMG_20220924_154307.jpg

Edited by jamieb
Duplicate photo
  • Like 3