Isinglass Models, new kits in N gauge

Isinglass Models

Having recently added a couple of new Gresleys added to the 4mm kit range, a full brake and an open brake third, the full brake has been used as my prototype N Gauge vehicle.

Based on diagram 113 (and other diagrams which included the Pathe cinema carriages and steel panelled version), the kit, which comes in 3 parts, has been designed to clip onto a  Dapol underframe (not included). I still need to make a few tweaks, but this pretty much proves the conversion and production process for any of my 4mm kits that sit on a 60’ underframe.

The full brake will be available on my website soon. Other kits will be released based on requests. If the carriage sits on a 60' frame and it's in my 4mm range, contact me and I'll add it to the conversion list.

kit 106 nguage.jpg

Parts 106 nguage.jpg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Very interested in this - hopefully it's the start of a range which will cover the gaps in Dapol's range of Gresley coaches.

From the 4mm range - I've identified the following that would cover my needs in N Gauge

Gresley 61'6" 3 bay Restaurant 1st/3rd diag 236 / 264

Gresley 61'6" 4 bay Restaurant 3rd diag 238

Gresley 3rd Sleeping Car Diag 109 (95 available on request) - both

TPO Post Office sorting van diag 131

Thanks

Phil H

• RMweb Premium

Hi, definitely interested in the steel panelled one (as I’ve got a few of the NGS ones knocking around) - opens are a gap in the Dapol range (they only do the ones with compartment doors)

Would shrinking the body shells of the GN artic ex 6-wheelers be possible?  I’m thinking for 2mm so I can sort underframes…

Many thanks

Simon

Hello Simon,

I'll work on the steel bodied version for you as soon as I've finished tweaking the Teak version. 

The 6 wheelers shouldn't be a problem to shrink. Are you looking for the original GNR bodies or the updated versions that were articulated? 

There were some changes to door vents, lighting and van sizes. 

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

The BG turned out well - I used 2mmFS bogies but the Dapol ones and couplers from the underframe will work just as well.  Great kit, thanks for producing it!

IMG_4878.jpeg.2cf7e211cdc05e5c4ff0f23aac2b9456.jpeg

IMG_4877.jpeg.82f01ae81cbf315cd59ad3d6448a477c.jpeg

(it’s the steel side one in N)

Many thanks

Simon

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 3 weeks later...