Senior's Express

cessna152towser

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone heard of this shop?

This past few days I keep seeing sponsored adverts on Facebook for discounted Hornby from them.

Claims to be  Hornby stockist in Ellesmere, Shropshire.

Rather poor website with prices under flashing boxes but no photos and which pledges to obtain items which are not already in stock.

Scam Adviser gives the website a low rating as a young website on the same server as other websites which have a low trust score, and adds that online scammers have a tendency to set-up multiple malicious websites on one server.

Unless I hear otherwise I will be avoiding placing any business with Senior's Express.

• RMweb Premium

Checking stockists on Hornby's own website, they are listed as Blue Flame Energy, address Unit 6, Ellesmere Business Park, Oswerstry Road, , Ellesmere, SY12 0EW.  Email is seniorsales<at>hotmail.com.

Like you I have never heard of them, but they would appear to genuinely be a Hornby stockist.

• Thanks 1

I was curious about them so sent them messages which they responded to. I am surprised that they have been granted supplier status by Hornby as they have no retail presence. 

Either they are a poorly executed diversification from a plumbing business or they are ‘borrowing’ a legitimate business identity. I nearly got stung once by the latter tactic. 

Personally I would be very careful until some track record is established.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...