BR Std 4 75XXX Double Chimney

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

I got bored waiting for Hornby or Bachmann to do their 75XXX in lined green with a BR2 tender and double chimney so went ahead and bought a Bachmann 75027 with a single chimney.

My intention is to renumber it as either 75005/8/22, all of which served late in the day on the North Cornwall and had double chimneys.

Can anyone give me any leads on who produces a suitable casting to replace the existing single chimney with a double?

Thank you.

Guest Max Stafford

If you get no joy there Chris, I have a plastic one left over from an Ivatt 4MT conversion that might be useable for your loco. Gratis, of course!

Dave

• RMweb Premium

If you get no joy there Chris, I have a plastic one left over from an Ivatt 4MT conversion that might be useable for your loco. Gratis, of course!

Dave

Thanks Dave, I may well be in touch after Truro show this weekend. Just got to work out now if the single chimney is part of the body moulding or a separate part....

Guest Max Stafford

No probs Chris, I suspect that Bachmann will have developed the tooling with a view to interchangeable chimneys. It may well be removable without too much effort!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

No probs Chris, I suspect that Bachmann will have developed the tooling with a view to interchangeable chimneys. It may well be removable without too much effort!

Dave.

Mmm, subtle approach with a large hammer??? :lol:

Hi all

As the previous reply says, for the locos you mention you need the Swindon Double chimney, unfortunatly, the only casting I can remember being produced was in the old Crownline range. you would be very lucky to find one of those now.

Ian

Archived