Jump to content

East West rail, Bletchley to oxford line


Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, kryten65 said:

That's beam 6 going in, 3 more internals and the 2 edge beams to go, so "if" all goes to plan, we'll have them all delivered in and installed by end of play

 

 

 

Today's activity shows the almost completed section next to the Buckingham Road section. The crane was being lowered ready for the waiting transport which was standing on Buckingham Road waiting its instructions.

20210721_201851.jpg

20210721_201828.jpg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, 1E BoY said:

 

Today's activity shows the almost completed section next to the Buckingham Road section. The crane was being lowered ready for the waiting transport which was standing on Buckingham Road waiting its instructions.

20210721_201851.jpg

20210721_201828.jpg

Turned out to be a big "if", last beam didn't go in due to "issues" crane needs to be in Sellafield 8am Friday, the project needs to find a spare big crane and I need to check the returns policy for a 75t concrete beam.. Next week is span 26 the gap behind the crane next to the box

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2021 at 16:34, kryten65 said:

Middle of next month for the beams to be installed here, according to the last plan i saw

If all goes to plan, we should have all the beams delivered in here, by next Tuesday afternoon...

  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read on a local new site that our local councils are   pushing the EWS company to complete the link to  Aylesbury calling it the Buckinghamshire Railway.The reason behind it the continuous cutting of elements from the plan for EWS electrification being one of the worst.  

  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
On 27/07/2021 at 08:16, kryten65 said:

So they managed to find a big crane and yesterday we delivered the last edge beam to complete span 27, span 26 is behind the crane and goes in Saturday night and all that remains will the connecting piece from the box and this side of the flyover is complete 

image_4f7b2bee-0bca-4827-8535-755588bcbb7a20210726_193231.jpg

Are those orange straps actually fabric straps, or are they just covering cables or chains?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, rodent279 said:

Are those orange straps actually fabric straps, or are they just covering cables or chains?

 

They look like fabric straps. I've used both types over the years, including using the continuous loop type to lift a BG off it's bogies at Slough, after the guard forgot to release the handbrake before departing Padd...

Usually used to protect the load, as they spread the load better than chains if the lifting points are low, but not the case here.

  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Premium
On 08/08/2021 at 12:27, Ryde-on-time said:

A shot taken yesterday at Winslow at the site of the new station which is to be built

 

7214B867-1964-4BA2-8CC3-DF60DA58E9EA.jpeg.81990e3d93b8fd8eae568653c331a05e.jpeg

 

That is quite amazing when you consider the shot below is the reverse angle taken from the bridge that can be seen behind those pile-drivers, taken on 5th June 2020....

 

IMG_3986.JPG.6946f8a683e6b93bd730f58a13cdc3ea.JPG

Edited by Davexoc
Photo restored
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

A couple of shots a Mursley yesterday. Not much change with the bridge although the large pipe to the left has now been buried 

A85AB9C7-4F80-49A7-96F2-79DBF4237AFB.jpeg.b4b4da44a858254401b4a30dda201f57.jpeg
 

Looking into the distance, materials have now appeared to improve the drainage as has been mentioned before

 

E2721F01-9145-4BE6-A7B5-2D02600B715B.jpeg.6c2c2e95569b0eb39575f1afb8c639d0.jpeg

  • Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. Must photograph the granite setts before it finally goes; there can't be many bridges left with such an antique road surface (plenty of setts under tarmac, though, I bet).

 

Have your colleagues on the next section along lifted their (rather nominal) stopping-up of the cycle/foot path yet? I've never quite worked out why they thought it was necessary since crossing their site access involves no more danger than crossing an ordinary road, and a weave barrier with signs either side of it ought to do the job.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TylerTrainFan2001 said:

Is there any updates at Bletchley? How’s the flyover? Is it completed. I don’t know as I was on holiday for a week.

 

Not yet, the last section to go in was postponed until provisionally the start of next week, 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

Thanks. Must photograph the granite setts before it finally goes; there can't be many bridges left with such an antique road surface (plenty of setts under tarmac, though, I bet).

 

Have your colleagues on the next section along lifted their (rather nominal) stopping-up of the cycle/foot path yet? I've never quite worked out why they thought it was necessary since crossing their site access involves no more danger than crossing an ordinary road, and a weave barrier with signs either side of it ought to do the job.

Unfortunately my role is to get the beams delivered to the relevant cranes so i cant help with the cycle path. but it does seem odd as just east of salden lane a footpath crosses the trace and the haul road which has a sign warning drivers there may be people crossing and nothing else

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kryten65 said:

Not yet, the last section to go in was postponed until provisionally the start of next week, 

 

 

That’s the section in the yard? I heard that there’s sections going over the west central main line where they built the tunnel to Bletchley train station.

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, TylerTrainFan2001 said:

That’s the section in the yard? I heard that there’s sections going over the west central main line where they built the tunnel to Bletchley train station.

Yes, it's the section to connect the old viaduct to the new section, there is a piece required to connect the box to the existing viaduct on the eastern side but thats not currently in my remit, but i'll make inquiries next time i'm down there

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kryten65 said:

just east of salden lane a footpath crosses the trace and the haul road which has a sign warning drivers there may be people crossing and nothing else


Indeed. That was all blocked-up too until great fuss was made about it and EWR relented.

  • Informative/Useful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another week and another set of beams, this is the first filling the final section of the Bletchley flyover, so tonight technically you can walk from one end of the old flyover to the other with touching the ground, and unfortunately I missed the 2 ex-greater anglian liveried 90's northbound so had to settle for a unit passing in the background for token railway content! 

 

IMG_20210816_181814.jpg

  • Like 18
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...