Wirral Finescale Railway Modellers

Widnes Vine Yard

beast66606

Shame, but everything has it's day.

Donate to the North American contingent......... plenty of people not seen it over here!

Lovely layout, though, but..

By the way I can remember concrete sleepers appearing on the inner GER mainline. They had no concrete sleepered points either (for quite a time). Please don't ask me what year, though, Dave...

Best, Pete.

Hi Guys

Don't worry, to (mis)quote Mark Twain "The reports of it's impending death are greatly exaggerated".

Whilst Dave is correct in saying that the invites we have confirmed are coming to an end we have others still to be finalised. Plus he hasn't seen the to-do list on the whiteboard :-)

Regards

Mikey

Hi Guys

Don't worry, to (mis)quote Mark Twain "The reports of it's impending death are greatly exaggerated".

Whilst Dave is correct in saying that the invites we have confirmed are coming to an end we have others still to be finalised. Plus he hasn't seen the to-do list on the whiteboard :-)

Regards

Mikey

Thats good to hear Mike.

Bob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys

Regards

Mikey

GET ON WITH IT THEN !

You lot are slacking now I'm not around to keep you in shape.

• RMweb Gold

Shame, but everything has it's day.

Donate to the North American contingent......... plenty of people not seen it over here!

Lovely layout, though, but..

By the way I can remember concrete sleepers appearing on the inner GER mainline. They had no concrete sleepered points either (for quite a time). Please don't ask me what year, though, Dave...

Best, Pete.

We did muse about doing a couple of shows in the US Peter, putting WVY in a container and shipping it over and hiring a tour bus ... but the costs were too much.

(Common) Concrete sleepered points are relatively new, last 10-15 years iirc - no doubt someone will know.

• 6 months later...

Apart from York are there any other confirmed appearances this year?

I did hear that somewhere else was a possibility.......but if its true, I'll leave it to the guys to tell us when and where.

Got my fingers crossed.

• RMweb Gold

Hint taken...

I will get the paperwork to you for WVY coming to THE MODEL SHOW 6/7th Dec in Poynton NE Cheshire  2014 asap

cheers mark

Great, I like the Poynton Show and it's near where the Grandchildren live so we'll be there to see WVY (Sammy loves his big diesels) and the rest.

Hi Guys

Just for the avoidance of any doubt WVY will be at York plus another confirmed show this year and we have provisional invitations for 2 more shows 1 of which may be this year or both next. Note this does not include Marks mention of TMS which we will no doubt discuss off line!

Regards

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It was great to finally see this layout today at York, having read so much about it. For me it was the best layout there. Great landscaping with consistency. Superb signalling too. Shows what can be done with Peco code 75 too. 

Shame about the poor driving skills and SPAD's :nono:

Must have been some driver training going on....................they are most welcoming to anybody that would like to have a go, as I know first hand...all credit to them.!!!

Archived