Czech HO "Dacice" Layout

squeaky

Well I just tried it with the No.20 but they just look too long, so I changed them for No.18, they look much better.

On one end it works really well coupling and uncoupling but the end end just sits up too high and needs to come down a couple of mm!

• 5 weeks later...

There hasn't been any progress on the layout itself in the last few weeks, I'm seem to be stuck between the Czech HO and US HO at the moment and i'm not get anything done except buying a few items.

Well the only progress on the Czech layout is that before I tackle the rather large station building I thought I would build a smaller structure by the same company, Sikulove. All I can say is what an enjoyable build it was, here is the box for it.

post-7333-0-29681200-1412269956_thumb.jpg

And here it is in it's built state which was a couple of hours work.

post-7333-0-56506200-1412270023_thumb.jpg

post-7333-0-61693200-1412270035_thumb.jpg

Now you may notice that I forgot to put the curtains in! Ah well it still looks good for a kit that cost under 8 euros.

Edited by squeaky
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

Having been inspired by Ian's Dobríš I'm getting on with this layout.

First job was to make the new baseboards as the intended board was 8ft x 18 inches but was one board making it rather bulky to handle, so I have now made 2 x 3ft x 18in boards and 1 x 2ft8 x 18in board, thus give me a slightly longer space at 8ft 8in!

I just need to finish the leg supports and fit the pattern maker dowels for the joining of the boards.

I've also been busy buiding the station buiding,as previously mentioned these kits are excellent.

post-7333-0-88073000-1421578197_thumb.jpg

post-7333-0-19848700-1421578204_thumb.jpg

post-7333-0-90935800-1421578209_thumb.jpg

I've also bought some new wagons, they are PKP falns wagons, they are sometimes pulled by a 753 from OKD Doprava, I only have 7 wagons so far but it should make an interesting passing freight, I have 3 roco in the blue scheme and 3 Fleischnann in the blue/yellow and one in the brown scheme. See here http://youtu.be/6PIkgaMjJVI?list=FL_zg7SsrI_PVkha0Dj0IsLA

post-7333-0-15312500-1421578921_thumb.jpg

post-7333-0-39180600-1421579215_thumb.jpg

post-7333-0-21136400-1421579727_thumb.jpg

The locomotive is also ordered to pull these...

Edited by squeaky
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Will be good to see how the building is meant to be built as it has some superb details many of which I won't he using as Dobris is much plainer having been modernised. Even the roof tiling won't be used!

Look forward to seeing track go down

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I've looked at some pictures of Dacice station and it is actually brown, but I like the yellow look so I'm going to stick with that.

Not much going on with the layout as I need some more wood for the last set of legs, when these are done I can put the layout up and start to lay some track.

• Like 1

Hi Squeaky

Just fOundle this thread & looks like your off to a flying start. Those kits look great are they laser cut wood or card? I recently did a lcut signal box in a card it was a joy to build.

Looking forward to seeing this progress. I always really like to see layouts of rarely modelled prototypes. Roco are great models too i'm toying with maybe some mainline sbb locos on my big layout.

Great work

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Those kits are a mixture of card and lazer cut windows, timber beams etc.

Its a realy toughcard as i have had ot alter my one to suite the real location.

So plenty of bits left over if anyone damages a window or door etc.and needs a few spares.

Ian

I have now finished the legs for the baseboards,the next job is to fit the pattern makers dowels for the baseboard joints.

I have today received the latest addition to the loco fleet.

post-7333-0-98205400-1422989944_thumb.jpg

post-7333-0-38230900-1422989951_thumb.jpg

post-7333-0-92338400-1422989957_thumb.jpg

I have just fitted the Zimo sound chip and I'm just making a few adjustments.

Until the next update...

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Right I'm thinking of doing a Czech layout and actually finishing it this time!

I did sell all of my stock last time and haven't got any Czech/Polish stock at the moment, however i do have enough straight track to remake the same track plan.

So I was wondering, do the czech use 3 way points so I could use a couple of these?

image.png.0c53dc3d98fa3ab3f483f305761e108e.png

I have used 3 way points on my Czech layout, but I think the prototypical answer is they don’t generally.

Got messaged after pictures of my layout were on FlickR and one person made suggestions about an alternative track layout, but I would have lost some space in one of the loops, and it would have compressed things to much so I left it.

Ground Cover Scenics

Stay safe,

Neil

Like most places they will; use whatever fits the bill. So you can see three way and double/single slips over there. But it does depend on location, if it's a rural station with plenty of space a three way or slip would be less likely than in a station in a built up area. In other words it's the same as railway practice anywhere, including the UK!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...