Wakefield Show 2010 - DATES FOR 2011, 12 & 13

jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, The Wakefield Railway Modellers Society presents their 49th show at Thornes Park Sports Centre, Huddersfield Road, Wakefield

The venue and prices are the same as last year and the opening times are as follows:-

Friday 26th November 5.30pm to 9.00pm

Saturday 27th November 10.00am to 6.00pm

Sunday 28th November 10.00am to 5.00pm.

The following layouts are attending.

1. The Gresley Beat, Large 4mm based on the southern ECML in the pre war LNER period..

2. Long Preston, 1923ish Midland 7mm plus narrow Gauge making it's last appearance.

3. Striven. The late Chris Matthewman's last layout now under new ownership. 1930's LMS with goods facilities.

4. Bridgford Late 1930's LMS N gauge.

5. Law Junction. N Gauge Modern day WCM set in Lanarkshire.

6. Eagle Rock. The new Wakefield club On30 layout, Colorado 1940's.

7. Oro Grande Sn3 american Narrow gauge.

8. Grime Street very Atmospheric Leeds Tramways in the 1950's.

9. Loch Dore Post Millennium Scotland in 4mm.

10. Donegal County Donegal railway 1959 in 4mm scale.

11. Trinity Colorado, Colorado NG in Sn3

12. Tickhill and Wadworth Prte Grouping in South Yorkshire set in 1913, in EM Gauge.

13. Our own Drive yorself Thomas layout.

14. Loch Lochy BR Scotland 1978-86 in N gauge

15. Sand Hutton 1920's 15" gauge estate railway in 7mm NG

16. Kepier Colliery Early 1960's North East England Colliery & Railway.

17. Yorkshire Coast Tramway from the Barnsley Club

18. Pol Hendre EWS Maroon period Cornish China Clay in 00.

19. Upsan Downs. 1947 SR Junction layout.

20. Great Western RR. 0n30 US narrow gauge 1950's snow scene.a new layout from the Raven Group.

The Following Traders are already confirmed.

1. Contikits

2. Going Loco

3. Bill Hudson Books

4. DC KIts/D & E Videos

5. K & M Models

6. Roxey Mouldings

7. Squires

8. Freestone Model Accessories

9. Nick Tozer Books

10. Helmsman Electronics

11. GEM Fleetline

12. Wizard Models

13. Langley Models

14. Millennium Models

15. Edwardian Splendour

16. A1 Models

17. Ten Commandments

18. Greenscene

19. Unit Models

20. Uncommon Kits

21. Modelex

22. Wakefield Hospice

23. Snazzy Scenics

24. P & H Models

25. Shawplan

26. Diigitrains

27. Eileens Emporium

28. CC Tramworks

There will also be the usual WRMS Sales stand and magazine sales as well as the L&Y Society and North Yorkshire Moors Railway Society stands,

Full details of the layouts will be added shortly.

Jamie Guest Exhibition Manager.

You've got to be kidding, right?

FOUR US narrow gauge layouts? Out of a total of just 20 altogether?

Don't get me wrong - i (now!) like US narrow gauge, rather a lot but i do think that you have a very heavy bias towards USng there. Could you not get any US std gauge at all? What about some European stuff, please? I really enjoyed Eidiger-Eller(?) last year!

I will still come along as i do enjoy the show and the UK content look great, i just think too much USng and i believe you may well draw further criticism from your visiting public, sorry!

Sincerely,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

You've got to be kidding, right?

FOUR US narrow gauge layouts? Out of a total of just 20 altogether?

Don't get me wrong - i (now!) like US narrow gauge, rather a lot but i do think that you have a very heavy bias towards USng there. Could you not get any US std gauge at all? What about some European stuff, please? I really enjoyed Eidiger-Eller(?) last year!

I will still come along as i do enjoy the show and the UK content look great, i just think too much USng and i believe you may well draw further criticism from your visiting public, sorry!

Sincerely,

John E.

Yes I realised that when I did the final plan but I also realised that we could be accused of a Scottish bias. There are, reasons as we lost a couple of booked layouts due to illness. Also one of the booked layoutds was retired and I have had to accept it's replacement for a variety of reasons but I accept the criticism and can only apologise in advance. However I can promise you a real scenic treat with the new one from our club which is Eagle Rock. The other point is that though I have seen some good US Std Gauge they had either been before or weren't available this year. I hope that the quality of the other ones makes up for that. The other factor is that with two big layouts, Long Preston and Gresley beat I have had to invite 2 less than normal this year.

Jamie

I'm really looking forward to this, there will be a fair bit of feverish activity to get 'Grime Street' ready and fettled so it doesn't show itself up in such exalted company.

Guest operator(s) have/are being drafted in, which is good 'cos they can run the thing better than me!

I'm really looking forward to this, there will be a fair bit of feverish activity to get 'Grime Street' ready and fettled so it doesn't show itself up in such exalted company.

Guest operator(s) have/are being drafted in, which is good 'cos they can run the thing better than me!

Hmm... Think there's a back handed complement in that...

Remind me which day I said I'd come and play please Mark!

Looking forward as always to Wakefield show (assuming I get time off for a look round...)

Paul

(Just back in hotel from playing with full size trams...)

Yes I realised that when I did the final plan but I also realised that we could be accused of a Scottish bias. There are, reasons as we lost a couple of booked layouts due to illness. Also one of the booked layoutds was retired and I have had to accept it's replacement for a variety of reasons but I accept the criticism and can only apologise in advance. However I can promise you a real scenic treat with the new one from our club which is Eagle Rock. The other point is that though I have seen some good US Std Gauge they had either been before or weren't available this year. I hope that the quality of the other ones makes up for that. The other factor is that with two big layouts, Long Preston and Gresley beat I have had to invite 2 less than normal this year.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your explanation above. I do realise that it can be hard to acheive a fair balance, especially so when various factors like illness etc are taken into account so, just to prove no hard feelings, i will make every effort to bring myself and a couple of collegues along - to show our support and to feast our eyes on "Eagle Rock"!!!

As well as all the other scenic treats, of course!

Funny but one of my collegues owns "Eagle River Canyon" which was originally built by your own Roger Nichols!!!! Always look forward to a natter with him, exchanging various Yorks v. Lancs insults of course!!!:D

Cheers,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

Funny but one of my collegues owns "Eagle River Canyon" which was originally built by your own Roger Nichols!!!! Always look forward to a natter with him, exchanging various Yorks v. Lancs insults of course!!!:D

Cheers,

John E.

Thanks for that John, make yourself known when you come. Roger Nicholls is the driving force behind Eagle Rock but there is a lot of other talent involved incljuding Paul Prentice whose layout got very good comments last year, and Tony Morris who is a scenic wizard to name but two.#

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Will the catering be up to scratch this year?

'Was good last year IIRC but it's been a bit hit and miss at times in recent years. Important to know when you're travelling a distance straight from work to get there!

• RMweb Premium

Will the catering be up to scratch this year?

'Was good last year IIRC but it's been a bit hit and miss at times in recent years. Important to know when you're travelling a distance straight from work to get there!

Yes the same caterers as last year with much the same menu due to fire restrictions we can't have a chip fryer but there will still be hot pies baked on the premises.

Jamie

HI All

Im bringing Law all that way and there's no chips!!!! :(

How about Oven chips, there ok for emergency purposes.

Regards Arran

Yes the same caterers as last year with much the same menu due to fire restrictions we can't have a chip fryer but there will still be hot pies baked on the premises.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Gresley beat's description updated. And on the catering front we have negotiated permission to selll bacon sandwiches in the canteen. We had problems lst year with the aerobics classes the week after the show complaining about the smell of food. I'm not going to comment.

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hope to see you there Andy. The all colour show guide is now at the printers. It looks as if it's going to be a good show. I just hope I get a dry afternoon to sort out the signals on Long Preston. I've converted them to servo operation as a test run for Green Ayre and need a dry afternoon to get the requisite baseboards out of the shed to do the final modifications to the wiring.

Jamie

Archived