RAILEX 2016

David Bigcheeseplant

Seeing as I posted straight after Saturday's show just in case for those who missed it back on page 7.

And hopefully those who are going today are there so I don't spoil it for them..
Video (Sorry its so long) I think I missed 2 layouts out from checking.
Photo's I am currently going through... the good the bad and the ugly ones..
https://www.flickr.com/gp/bluebellmodelrailway/16TY3S
(Most images are now uploaded)

Great show as always, and well done to those who organised, and ran the event, good standard of layouts and trades as per normal.

• RMweb Gold

By the time I managed to get anywhere near Aylesbury, it was late afternoon. The height of it wasn't a worry (I'm 5'7" and that's all you're getting), but the ambient light had darkened to the extent that I thought it was going to rain on the layout.

Still, at least I managed to see it. These things you only need to see once so you don't get too disappointed.

I'm the same height and had a nagging feeling (later confirmed by a trip to the gallery) that there was a fair bit of it I couldn't see at all. That said, what I could see was extremely good.

I gained an impression that it was built by six-footers (or with observers of that stature in mind) and 4 - 6" lower would have suited me much better.

I didn't get a hop up to avoid the embarrassment of (a) getting a hop up and (b) having it collapse under my weight. :jester:

John

Archived