Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

RAILEX 2016

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#251 PenrithBeacon

PenrithBeacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • LocationHarrow

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:10

As for the height personally I would have liked it 6 inches lower, but in order for the perspective modelling to work the height does need to be high otherwise you see things you shouldn't!

Now I understand, thank you.

Regards

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#252 DLT

DLT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:24

Very nice set of photos Mr. Redkite, (lots of Charmouth) thanks very much for sharing them.

Cheers, Dave.

#253 Redkiterail

Redkiterail

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Locationend of a keyboard

Posted 06 June 2016 - 21:17

Very nice set of photos Mr. Redkite, (lots of Charmouth) thanks very much for sharing them.

Cheers, Dave.

it was nice to see the first layout i read in a model railway magazine

#254 Bluebell Model Railway

Bluebell Model Railway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationIsle of Wight

Posted 06 June 2016 - 22:29

Seeing as I posted straight after Saturday's show just in case for those who missed it back on page 7.

And hopefully those who are going today are there so I don't spoil it for them..
Video (Sorry its so long) I think I missed 2 layouts out from checking.
Photo's I am currently going through... the good the bad and the ugly ones..
https://www.flickr.c...lrailway/16TY3S
(Most images are now uploaded)

Great show as always, and well done to those who organised, and ran the event, good standard of layouts and trades as per normal.

#255 Paul Cram

Paul Cram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 17:04

I would like to point out that London Road is P4 18.83 gauge.

#256 Dunsignalling

Dunsignalling

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,771 posts
  • LocationMilepost 154 3/4

Posted 15 June 2016 - 13:36

By the time I managed to get anywhere near Aylesbury, it was late afternoon. The height of it wasn't a worry (I'm 5'7" and that's all you're getting), but the ambient light had darkened to the extent that I thought it was going to rain on the layout.

Still, at least I managed to see it. These things you only need to see once so you don't get too disappointed.

I'm the same height and had a nagging feeling (later confirmed by a trip to the gallery) that there was a fair bit of it I couldn't see at all. That said, what I could see was extremely good.

I gained an impression that it was built by six-footers (or with observers of that stature in mind) and 4 - 6" lower would have suited me much better.

I didn't get a hop up to avoid the embarrassment of (a) getting a hop up and (b) having it collapse under my weight. :jester:

John

Edited by Dunsignalling, 15 June 2016 - 13:37 .

• Friendly/Supportive x 1