RAILEX 2016

David Bigcheeseplant

Thanks for the speedy and helpful replies. Much appreciated.

The reason I asked about the catering is to gauge whether to bring our own. I'll be leaving home at about 7.15 on the Sunday and picking a colleague up on route about 7.45. So brekkie will have been at silly o-clock and don't anticipate getting home until say 19.30 - so a long day potentially.

What you've told me is helpful though.

I'll try and watch South Today on Sky. :-)

Regards

• RMweb Gold

I think it is done for convenience. That way when the bus gets to the venue you have a bus load that does not need to queue for tickets.

I found it easier that way the last time I went to Railex.

Nige

Thanks for the speedy and helpful replies. Much appreciated.

The reason I asked about the catering is to gauge whether to bring our own. I'll be leaving home at about 7.15 on the Sunday and picking a colleague up on route about 7.45. So brekkie will have been at silly o-clock and don't anticipate getting home until say 19.30 - so a long day potentially.

One relatively simple solution, provided you don't want a sit down, knife and fork meal, is to buy a sandwich from the cafe before it gets too busy, carry it around with you for an hour or so and then go upstairs to the spectator seating to eat when you're hungry. That avoids the queues and avoids the need to make your own. 

If you arrive at the stadium early and buy a ticket at the stadium, you can buy a cooked breakfast before the show opens.

As for tickets on the bus, a few years back we didn't run a bus. Then a few people asked if we could run a bus, so we did, tried it first up to every hour, then more people used it, so after a couple of years we increased it to every half hour on the Saturday. We got asked can we buy tickets on the bus, so we did that the following year, and that proved popular, so if people ask us to do stuff we will look in to it and give it a go if it is feasible.

Even though attendance does up and down over the last few years those using the bus has gone up year on year.

We have lockers that rucksacks and other stuff can be left while you wander round the show.

Oh and a couple more traders in the last day who want me to fit them in!

David

Nothing wrong with ukes my other half is learning to play and there is a terrific group in Haddenham who perform locally and are terrific ,remember one year at the Civic Centre we had one of the most respected modellers in the UK playing the grand organ and adding a great atmosphere to the day.

A quick reminder that the Scalefour Society will be at Railex with its full stand and an assortment of models and tools for your perusal or amusement.

If there are any questions you have about finescale 4mm modelling, feel free to ask.  I'll do my best to answer them.  My partner in crime will be Danny Cockling, our Membership Secretary who will be only too pleased to answer any questions about membership of the Society.

It will be a great show, with no fewer than four P4 layouts on display, although I'm confident that superb modelling in different scales and gauges will be found in every corner of the hall.

Hopefully I'll see many of you on Saturday or Sunday.

Cheers

Paul Willis

Scalefour Society Deputy Chairman

Hello All

Those of you who are taking the advantage of using the Free Vintage Bus, please can you if possible have the exact change for when you are buying your Railex ticket £8 and Programme £1 from the Bus Team, as this will help speed things along.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Only a few hours till I head to the stadium for setting up.

Bill Husdsons books will still attend Railex, I am sure this is a difficult time for James, and I did say he if he felt he wanted to pull out due to the passing of his Dad I would understand, but he said it is what his Dad would have wanted.

Just a final point on parking it does get busy at the stadium, it will fill up, we have hired the hospital staff car park it is likely this will fill too. There will be plently of spaces in the adjacent hospital car parks as these are lightly used at weekends, but these charge, there are pay and display plus take your ticket and pay as you leave barrier type parking.

If you do come by car then you will be able to park, but we only have a few hundred free places, once these are full you will need to pay in the hospital parking.

As has been suggested many times park at the Friarcroft carpark by Morrisons in the town centre and get our vintage bus in, there is a short walk from the stadium bus stop to the exhibition.

David

I think he has stopped doing any shows at all now and this is partly having had a health problem so has decided it is better to take care of himself against doing the shows.

Need a few plates. Hopefully his mail order is a bit better than it used to be.

I think David and team need congratulating on managing to get advertising for RAILEX on the BBC. Today's South Today showed quite a good piece stating 3000 plus visitors to RAILEX giving the location and a on-board video of the Aylesbury layout.

I'm miffed at a last minute trip out of country and will miss my favourite show for the second year running. Oh, well I'm sure it will be another winner but good luck to all attending.

Archived