Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

NEW DCC sound COMING SOON!

dcc sound class 08 class 17 clayton chinnor

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#76 Albie the plumber

Albie the plumber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNewport South Wales

Posted 26 June 2017 - 21:47

Heres a WIP video of the cold start, shutdown and warm start.

Cold start is virtually there, shutdown and warm start require work. i think another 2 weeks and it'll be completed all being well.

Always love the cold starts on  your projects , always very convincing !

• Agree x 1

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#77 gooderz

gooderz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 15:47

Always love the cold starts on  your projects , always very convincing !

Thanks.

In my opinion, a cold start is essential to truly represent a diesel locomotive

The Class 20 has slightly more than 6 throttle positions

• Like x 3

#78 gooderz

gooderz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 22:12

I'm nearing the end with my 50 sound project. Hope you all like it

• Like x 2

#79 Albie the plumber

Albie the plumber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 22:59

Sounding good Jamie !

• Agree x 1

#80 cravensdmufan

cravensdmufan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationLincolnshire

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:23

Very nice sounds.  Please let us know when this will be available for purchase, and where from please.

• Agree x 1

#81 gooderz

gooderz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 21:09

Very nice sounds.  Please let us know when this will be available for purchase, and where from please.

Now available via the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway. We have them listed on our ebay shop (the railway has charity status on Ebay).

• Thanks x 1

#82 gooderz

gooderz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 20:49

Here's a small taster of my 31 project in WIP status.

Ivatt complete and just needs filming

• Like x 2

#83 gooderz

gooderz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 21:22

The Ivatt is here!

• Like x 1

#84 MR PJ

MR PJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 22:26

Hello,

Apologies for going back to an older project, but here is the 37/0 again, this time installed in an Farish 2mm scale model. Just need to work out what CV I need to dim the cab lighting a little!

But its really good stuff, with the rather rough sound of the 37/0, and I do hope that these excellent sound projects add to the funds of the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway (haven't visited this railway yet, but its on my "to do" list).

https://youtu.be/IU3XIC65MDw

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by MR PJ, 03 September 2017 - 22:33 .

• Like x 1

#85 gooderz

gooderz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 21:41

Class 31 just rolled out the 'works'.

Hope you all like it

• Like x 2

#86 bescotbeast

bescotbeast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNewhaven

Posted 10 September 2017 - 19:49

The new sound sets are really impressive Jamie, well done.

#87 Albie the plumber

Albie the plumber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 21:24

Class 31 just rolled out the 'works'.

Hope you all like it

Oh dear ! 

Another dilemma as to which sound project I buy next ! :scratchhead: 

• Agree x 1

#88 Mutley

Mutley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:02

Hi Jamie,

I recently bought your Western project for one of my Dapol Locos and having tried most of the competition (all very good in their own right) for me, yours captures the 1000's the best, a really superb job.

I have a further six locos to equip, but by the looks of things, the 21-pin decoders are out of stock at the moment, any idea when there are likely to be more available again?

Thanks in advance

Mike

• Informative/Useful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#89 gooderz

gooderz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:11

Hi Jamie,

I recently bought your Western project for one of my Dapol Locos and having tried most of the competition (all very good in their own right) for me, yours captures the 1000's the best, a really superb job.

I have a further six locos to equip, but by the looks of things, the 21-pin decoders are out of stock at the moment, any idea when there are likely to be more available again?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for the kind words. 

21 pins are back in stock as they have arrived this morning. However, there will be a delay getting them on ebay due to the Chinnor volunteer who manages our ebay has gone on holiday.

If you'd like one pretty soon, if you pm me, I can provide you with the Railway's paypal and we can do it that way.

Cheers

Jamie

#90 MikeParkin65

MikeParkin65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 21:14

Hi Mike

Thanks for the kind words. 

21 pins are back in stock as they have arrived this morning. However, there will be a delay getting them on ebay due to the Chinnor volunteer who manages our ebay has gone on holiday.

If you'd like one pretty soon, if you pm me, I can provide you with the Railway's paypal and we can do it that way.

Cheers

Jamie

Just installed the Western chip  - wow Jamie - just wow! The Dapol recommended speaker doesnt really do it justice (too much treble and not enough base).I have been trying various Zimo dumbo's with better results but it sounds amazing with an Earth Mover. I'm going to see if I can squeeze the EM2 in by removing the plastic speaker holder and paring the speaker down as far as possible. Wish me luck ;)

• Like x 1

#91 Albie the plumber

Albie the plumber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 23:21

Just installed the Western chip  - wow Jamie - just wow! The Dapol recommended speaker doesnt really do it justice (too much treble and not enough base).I have been trying various Zimo dumbo's with better results but it sounds amazing with an Earth Mover. I'm going to see if I can squeeze the EM2 in by removing the plastic speaker holder and paring the speaker down as far as possible. Wish me luck ;)

Mike 

If you look at page 4 of the ' Legomanbiffo earth mover fitting questions 'thread , you will see that 'Woodys' of this parish has done just that with photos to boot !

Regards ,

Albie.

Edited by Albie the plumber, 12 October 2017 - 23:21 .

• Thanks x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dcc sound, class 08, class 17, clayton, chinnor