Stoke Courtenay

checkrail

I've had chance to watch the video piece – I'd say you've succeeded in bucket loads to achieve what you set out to do. Your layout is certainly a fine example of what can be achieved with OO FS both visually and in terms of the smooth running qualities.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking at your van wagons the other day I thought I should acquire some of the more obscure one's I chose some made by Cambrian, a SECR 10t vent van was picked up at a show

at the week-end which I finished yesterday and one that dropped on the mat this morning another Cambrian kit from H & A Models of a LSWR 10t van they will make a refreshing

change from the run of the mill vans.     

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

A great selection of photos which show your layout to be one of the best. I do like the sense of space that you have created and still managed to get a main line into a fairly small space.

I will look forward to more pictures.

Brian

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, 81C said:

Looking at your van wagons the other day I thought I should acquire some of the more obscure one's I chose some made by Cambrian, a SECR 10t vent van was picked up at a show

at the week-end which I finished yesterday and one that dropped on the mat this morning another Cambrian kit from H & A Models of a LSWR 10t van they will make a refreshing

change from the run of the mill vans.    

You're right Bob.  It's nice to have wagons that aren't available RTR.  I still have a number of kits to build, including a LSWR one, and a couple more of the earlier GW V4 vans.

It's also good to see more pre-grouping wagons in general becoming available, whether kit or RTR.  After all, most wagons in the 30s would have been of that vintage.  Much of the stuff the trade has been producing for decades - standard opens, later ex-GW minks etc. - have been made, understandably, with the BR period modeller in mind.  They look fine on a pre-war layout, but they don't tell the whole story!

John.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

John, many thanks for the info on SC's signal box. As I marked another decade successfully avoiding the Grim Reaper a couple of days ago, a similar item originating in China and via the south-western extremities of the Uk was handed to me as some kind of reward! Although nothing like your beautiful re-creation of God's Wonderful Railway in the 1930's, here is the start of my version with a few examples from Messrs Metcalfe, Bachmann, PECO and SEFinecast:

IMG_1287.JPG

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

here is the start of my version with a few examples from Messrs Metcalfe, Bachmann, PECO and SEFinecast:

Looking good, Kingzance.  Keep RMweb posted with progress. Best wishes with the layout.

John.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Right, let's try again!

Er, no.  It's not having it.  Perhaps I've been demoted to brass membership.

(I did notice that the pic Kingzance posted on this thread a few minutes ago took ages to open fully.)

John C.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Glad you sorted the glitch, John.

What a feast of pictures . I am moved to upgrade from RMWeb Mazac membership, though I might settle for Brass, it has served you and us well.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

The photos are wonderful and aspirational for a lot of us! Thanks for taking the trouble to upload them.

I too have occasional problems uploading images (long delay followed by error 201 or 200) - seemingly always just when I'm trying to post something in a hurry. Very frustrating.

I have tried various technical incantations to try to unblock things. Sometimes they seem to work, sometimes not so I really don't know where the problem lies but if you are experiencing something similar it's a bit less likely the problem is at the client end of the connection.

P.S. How about red lamps on your grubby old workhorse 28XX?

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, calvin Streeting said:

nice :) little blue spec under point rodding on second pic :)  i asume drivers rag... 

Yes, I noticed that in the magazine.  Blew in through the Velux?  Bit of track rubber?  Must check layout to see if it's still there!

• Friendly/supportive 1

John, I can only echo others comments, it seems you have achieved everything you set out to and probably more. I only hope when I get around to building something it ends up being half as good as yours!

Following with interested

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Anglian said:

I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms; please can we have another image?

More horsebox action would be great as it would save me whipping mine out on ANTB John.;)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2